Welcome to the Talk it Up Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHAT TESTING

Chat Room

Please drop by to actively communicate with other AH-Talk it Up members

To access the chat room - on the menu tabs next to calendar click on Flash Video Chat it will open in a separate window so you can still access the forum

Any questions or such please post it here.

Play around and have some fun - the serious discussions come soon

We are working the audio part - everything else seems to work - thank you for helping me test it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Re: Chat Room

This is for testing right now, before we introduce it on the front site. I will make permanent rooms later for some purposes. So report back here at any rate what you discover it can do. I am not putting up instructions, please don't place instructions or images yet, because I want you all to explore it without any instructions and see how you do with figuring it out yourselves, for that is what those of us in testing had to do in the first place.

Guest readers of TIU cannot use the chat room, you must be a Talk it up forum member to use it. There is an interface between the accounts HERE and the Chat room. So any registration by those of you reading this thread as guests, will be your registration to this forum, they are hooked together.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

to answer one question some one asked in chat, you have voice if you have a microphone on your computer. You must have obviously also a camera on your computer to live video. The button above the left menu activates both. I don't always wish to be on video so you will see my blue tape over my camera.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Candace, I think that you have a point here about a microphone on the computer. Not sure whether I have an external mic on my notebook, I will check it out.

Lloyd

I just checked and I have a builtin microphone installed on my notebook, right beside the video camera. I checked it through the control panel and it seems to be working as the little bars go up and down when I talk.

Lloyd

Candace & Mark

I checked chat room, At the chrome CAM and Mic are working well but at the explorer,
    when i push the Start your CAM & Mic button and then yes button. but Internet Explorer stopped...
    So, explorer interface need update?

Thank you.

OK, I tested the chat room.
    What's next?
    Will there be some dedicated rooms to specific subjects?

- - - Updated - - -

Mark,

in this forum is there a way to use other formats for time and date?
    I'm accostumed to use International time and date formats: HH:MM:SS (24 hour) and YYYY-MM-DD.

Well this is interesting, I used IE 8 when we were testing over the weekend Mark. I have Chrome on the Notebook, but cannot test it here at work, but later this evening send me a PM and I will crank up Chrome and we will see what happens.

Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago65 View Post
    OK, I tested the chat room.
    What's next?
    Will there be some dedicated rooms to specific subjects?

- - - Updated - - -

Mark,

in this forum is there a way to use other formats for time and date?
    I'm accostumed to use International time and date formats: HH:MM:SS (24 hour) and YYYY-MM-DD.
    There are always formats for date and time, but I don't know if they can be individualized to chat rooms. Now did any of you test it with others using the Microphone and video features? Its far more than a typing software. I haven't read all the posts yet. In a couple more days perhaps I can set aside time to chat in there with some of you.

We will have special chatrooms that are password protected or whatever as needed and you ones can create you own with passwords by the way. So say you folks from central and south america might create one, the koreans might create one.

YOu can also make your own dedicated to specific subjects, say UB discussion, or whatever. I have to see of that takes permission of moderation to make permanent ones or not. Not sure how we will set that up. If some of you want special rooms, this would be the thread to make that statement in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by last1man View Post
    Candace & Mark

I checked chat room, At the chrome CAM and Mic are working well but at the explorer,
    when i push the Start your CAM & Mic button and then yes button. but Internet Explorer stopped...
    So, explorer interface need update?

Thank you.
    Can I ask a question here, WHY WOULD ANYONE USE IE? IT HAS ALWAYS STUNK. BEING I HAVE A MAC I don't have IE. But Safari does not work well on 8* for me, it won't let me post, but yet Mark doesn't have that problem, he did once, but it went away. Firefox on 8*, the spell check does not work, so I went to Chrome for it. But I like the Safari book marking system and use it when ever possible.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

There's not an option to increase the size of the letter, it's difficult to read. We can only choose the font.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    There's not an option to increase the size of the letter, it's difficult to read. We can only choose the font.
    We can ask Mark if that option can be installed or not. The real point in time will be not reading but speaking. I don't know if it can or not. On the test site if I remember, the print was better than this. I don't like the gray background with gray print.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    We can ask Mark if that option can be installed or not. The real point in time will be not reading but speaking. I don't know if it can or not. On the test site if I remember, the print was better than this. I don't like the gray background with gray print.
    I just posted in room 8 private, you can change your fonts and using bolding or other colors may help. I used red and verdana and the purple and verdana bold etc.

well that room is private, as admin I see it all. I will go post in Sweet Me's room. ( my alter ego for testing as not being admin, is Sweet Candy.) Both here and there.

Have any of you gone in by agreement to use live chat? It's open, one room in there is all with one person. Have the Korean folks used it? You are all in the same time zone. This is a place to hear each others voices and see each other, if you wish to do that. The point is getting to know.....Plus having live discussions. You can use the PM system perhaps to set up a chat time with another? I guess I should check more often to see if anyone has gone in.
    Books are not the WORD.. the HUMAN BEING IS THE WORD and when MAN UNDERSTANDS HIS HUMAN ROLE... as the WORD... this planet will come into glory.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.” “It is truth that liberates, not your effort to be free.” “The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.”
    Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The human race must become reconciled to a procession of changes, adjustments, and readjustments. Mankind is on the march toward a new and unrevealed planetary destiny."

"The Great Tao flows everywhere, to the left and to the right. All things depend on it to exist, and it does not abandon them. To its accomplishments it lays no claims. It loves and nourishes all things, but does not lord it over them." - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    This is a real problem, font is too small, very difficult to read.

This is a real problem, font is too small, very difficult to read.
    Magnifying glasses then, we haven't figured out how to make it bigger, but the chat room is about TALKING not typing. Font doesn't effect talking. We are looking into something to enlarge the font. I can read it fine however, bolding it and putting it into color may help and that you can do. PLEASE FOLKS EXPERIMENT with options. YOU CAN bold and add color and see if that helps you in the meantime. I do not know why in this top rated software, that the font is not adjustable in size. BOLD IT AND SEE IF THAT HELPs and use color.

I left instructions in my chat room and ITS GONE.
    Books are not the WORD.. the HUMAN BEING IS THE WORD and when MAN UNDERSTANDS HIS HUMAN ROLE... as the WORD... this planet will come into glory.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.” “It is truth that liberates, not your effort to be free.” “The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.”
    Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The human race must become reconciled to a procession of changes, adjustments, and readjustments. Mankind is on the march toward a new and unrevealed planetary destiny."

"The Great Tao flows everywhere, to the left and to the right. All things depend on it to exist, and it does not abandon them. To its accomplishments it lays no claims. It loves and nourishes all things, but does not lord it over them." - Lao Tzu

Have any of you gone in by agreement to use live chat? It's open, one room in there is all with one person. Have the Korean folks used it? You are all in the same time zone. This is a place to hear each others voices and see each other, if you wish to do that. The point is getting to know.....Plus having live discussions. You can use the PM system perhaps to set up a chat time with another? I guess I should check more often to see if anyone has gone in.
    I never see anyone connected when I go in. It is a good idea to have an agreement to use the chat as Candace mentioned. Maybe some will agree to set up any future chats. Maybe some suggestions on specific subject that people may be interesting in discussing. I love those podcast that Candace and other members of AH agreed to do to answer questions when using GLP.
    [url]www.theinnerknowledge.info[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by IAMONE6655 View Post
    I never see anyone connected when I go in. It is a good idea to have an agreement to use the chat as Candace mentioned. Maybe some will agree to set up any future chats. Maybe some suggestions on specific subject that people may be interesting in discussing. I love those podcast that Candace and other members of AH agreed to do to answer questions when using GLP.
    I want to work with Ben on Podcasts perhaps, he is so familiar with doing them, but right now, there is no time on his part. I can't reveal his little secrets, but he is SUPER BUSY right now. However, I can put notice on 8* or to those from there reading here, who may or may not want to do one. Perhaps that will help start things off. Maybe me and one of them can try something and see how it goes. We are still working a bit with configurations which I wrote to Mark on today to see just where we are at.

Maybe I could agree to be in chat now and then with a posted time, I had flat not thought about that until just now....... And then with it posted, maybe some can log in and we can have a conversation.

Maybe suggest what some of you would like to discuss with me? A planned topic? That might be a start.

Why did I NOT THINK OF THAT MYSELF Sooner?
    "bangonhead" LET me think about Times and time zones a bit and maybe I can have a weekly or bi weekly chat with Candace. And hey, some of my team might wish to do the same thing!

I need to learn how we might record these , on that I am not sure yet. MARK!!!!!!!!!!! I think we did discuss this long ago, on the recording and I flat don't remember on it.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

OK, I went to the chat room and made another Candace's Room since the last one went bye bye someplace. There is a small tutorial now there and please post into the room to let me know if you can read my bolded colored print ok.

And submit also a suggest of times and topics for Candace's weekly BS session! BS meaning not really scripted...... as to English slang. Meaning to "shoot the bull", and chat.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Candace: this is because the cursor can't be placed in the text field, problem came up last night.

The Chat room is out of service right now. It will come up - but you are unable to add anything to the chat - - you DO NOT need to post here that it is not working - we are aware and working on it. This is a volunteer service so it will take some time.

Ok so maybe I do know a little bit about what I am doing - (just a little bit) - fixed for now - it is NOT completely finished (never is) but it usable

OK you can type there again, we have the cursor back. However, as I just posted in my room, the pretty colors and bolding etc for some reason returns to grey after a period of time, so my nice demo is now gray. At any rate when you post in there, chose bold and a nice color, and you do not have to highlight your comment, just click the bold button and whatever color you want, which makes it readable DURING THE CHAT IN PROCESS. Mark had to restore original configuration because of a muck up and it seems there is now again the limit to characters making chat useless except for short commentary. I firmly believe because of something I saw a couple days ago, that we have a "ghost" in there, meaning somebody is accessing without permission someplace and mucking up stuff.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ok, the number of characters is restored to 1000. YOu can now write more than one sentence! Please place ideas here that you would like ME or Others on this team to cover by advance announcement, as this system we also chose for PODCASTS. I Still have to check out HOW those are recorded, but we can have informal discussions lead on purpose during an assigned TIME in there which can be announced. So list TOPICS here you might like ANY of US to do in there.

I am considering a weekly Candace chat, and I need ideas for that please! And others might wish ideas too that are on this team. If any of you are good at something, you can have an announced chat there! In fact, I am going to go start a pinned thread, so you won't forget.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

CHAT TESTING

Hi everyone, please place your ideas for chat room discussions here. I will begin to plan to do one a week which will be announced in advance, and as to topic. Others on this team can do the same thing. I think those not registered can view chats, I need to have Mark check on that and the settings. And also we need to review whether we can record mic/video chats to use as pod casts to be listed on the main site with other AH podcasts and video projects when we wish to have formal podcasts. Some of you should remember the couple I did on GLP and all that Ben did when he was on the radio show.

These "events" would be MIC and VIDEO. Not typing events although typing can occur during them in the room involved. We need to start experimenting more with this.

I am really pulling away from the rather boring other forums, tired of that repetitive teaching.

During the teaching period we can have many podcasts as part of that project and we can invite special speakers for podcasts like they do on GLP.

PLEASE POST TOPICS OF INTEREST HERE in this thread.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ok thread created and pinned for a bit of time so you won't all forget about it. http://www.abundanthope.net/talkitup...!-IDEAS-NEEDED

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Lvl1 Paladin no armor

Re: TIME TO USE CHAT! IDEAS NEEDED

Hi , im in the chatroom right now, the flashvideo chat.
    and i dont see anyone here yet. i'll try to be here in chatroom whenever im online or whenever im in the Forum.
    hope this will help get people in.

I think everyone should put yourself in the chatroom whenever u online or on forum. this will help.

i think it's the population too low.
    ~Hank-E-Pat ~ Beware of Dogman. Alex Jones 2+2 = 5

Lvl1 Paladin no armor

Oh candace the chatroom needs to be abit Larger window. The left side of the window where the users list are are too wide, and the right side where the main chatroom window is are too skinny.

You need to make the Leftside abit smaller, i mean thinner. and the right side needs to be more Wider. it's too thin right now. not good to see words.

Chatroom always must need a Large wide window. horizontally.

I am always in chatroom right now. whenever im online. or on Forum i go there and sit there.
    ~Hank-E-Pat ~ Beware of Dogman. Alex Jones 2+2 = 5

I need IDEAs for me to do informal sessions on a schedule to be announced in advance.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

A good idea to talk about presently could be about the coming 3d Days of Darkness and the period of stasis and aftermath.

Also what about an ASK CANDACE chat?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilmen For This Useful Post:

A good idea to talk about presently could be about the coming 3d Days of Darkness and the period of stasis and aftermath.

Also what about an ASK CANDACE chat?
    It think considering we don't have too many readers from other places yet, most people would not need that, but perhaps my first one will be a simple ask anything they want chat.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Banned

Candace, there are so many subjects that can be addressed from the Bilderberg Group/Commitee of 300/religion/What is the Darks Agenda/Christ Michael/Jesus/Mother Earth's Ascension etc. I think though your suggestion for the first one is a good idea. That way you might also have an idea of where everyone's attention is focused the most...and better select a topic for the next chat time.

It think considering we don't have too many readers from other places yet, most people would not need that, but perhaps my first one will be a simple ask anything they want chat.

Maybe some of us could consider having one about spiritual warfare? Not just me, maybe you and Kibo or others good at it. as to some in your list, the several of us have done a bunch of pod casts already on the front site. I don't want to do anything on the bilderbergers. I can say here, that some of the are fleet members incarnate and some are not. Its not necessarily a bad deal. Somebody has to get together to talk about the world.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Banned

Thank you for your vote of confidence, but I think there are others with much more experience in spiritual warfare...Kibo would be excellent and many others too~ I support you in whatever you decide to do!

Banned

Prior to direct techniques on spiritual warfare should be consideration on protecting/nurturing self-family-community. Start at home and with self. What is the difference between destructive negative thinking about/against "the world?" How to maintain and protect one's true spiritual center? What are different manifestations of tubes of light, from the unseen light which therefore are not necessarily visualized? Frankly, the tools are available from Keepers of the Flame and elsewhere. How does Archangel of Michael go about it?

I was once challenged by Archangel Raphael of having such a strong pillar of light developed over my residence, but then what was I going to do with it? Foolishly, I became intimidated -- I did not seek enough guidance to learn what I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
    Prior to direct techniques on spiritual warfare should be consideration on protecting/nurturing self-family-community. Start at home and with self. What is the difference between destructive negative thinking about/against "the world?" What are different manifestations of tubes of light, from the unseen light which therefore are not necessarily visualized? Frankly, the tools are available from Keepers of the Flame and elsewhere. How does Archangel of Michael go about it?

I was once challenged by Archangel Raphael of having such a strong pillar of light developed over my residence, but then what was I going to do with it? Foolishly, I became intimidated -- I did not seek enough guidance to learn what I was doing.
    I agree with those topics, specially "How to maintain and protect one's true spiritual center". I would suggest something like "how to deal with negative emotions/energy/people during these times? I am watching people showing weird behaviors without a logical reason...and then acting "normal" again. If there is a way to protect ourselves and deal with these emotions/people during our daily rutine it would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by opalo blanco View Post
    I agree with those topics, specially "How to maintain and protect one's true spiritual center". I would suggest something like "how to deal with negative emotions/energy/people during these times? I am watching people showing weird behaviors without a logical reason...and then acting "normal" again. If there is a way to protect ourselves and deal with these emotions/people during our daily rutine it would be helpful.
    Not sure this is something I can do. But perhaps people can tell example stories and a sharing could happen of ideas. For I don't want this to be a follow the leader idea and have something not work from it. These are your issues and you are guided by the Father within, which ones much relearn to trust here, for most of you this is your "higher self". I would suggest you don't fight back when you are with them. Try to find a middle ground.

I successfully followed the leading within recently to disable a serious potential problem at a meeting. I first basically covered the most agressive of the two in intense loving light and then did that to the 2nd person who was on the defense then as they rather suddenly began to calm down, I restarted the conversation into a better direction thus finishing the diffusing of it.

I will consider the idea. I am not quite ready to prepare for such right yet, too many other issues I am dealing with, but one of them is resolved and another quieting down.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Not sure this is something I can do. But perhaps people can tell example stories and a sharing could happen of ideas. For I don't want this to be a follow the leader idea and have something not work from it. These are your issues and you are guided by the Father within, which ones much relearn to trust here, for most of you this is your "higher self". I would suggest you don't fight back when you are with them. Try to find a middle ground.

I successfully followed the leading within recently to disable a serious potential problem at a meeting. I first basically covered the most agressive of the two in intense loving light and then did that to the 2nd person who was on the defense then as they rather suddenly began to calm down, I restarted the conversation into a better direction thus finishing the diffusing of it.

I will consider the idea. I am not quite ready to prepare for such right yet, too many other issues I am dealing with, but one of them is resolved and another quieting down.
    Thanks for your answer, Candace! I think if people share stories about some experiences from their lives, everybody can learn from that.
    We usually "talk" to God (praying) but when it is our turn to listen to Him, only a few people do it....I think it is time to listen to our Father through the "voice" of each other.
    Thanks for the advise too. I will use it when I meet with other people and I see them acting "weird". Love is the best medicine, the best defense, the only force to survive in this world!

Well I was talking to Benjamin today and came up with a new and fresh idea for a chat room with me. Not setting the date yet, but it will involve some interesting teaching I have not done before about evolving personality on worlds such as this and how it first develops in the animals as they individuate.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Well, now that we understand the package we purchased which said we could record in the chatroom, we find out we have to set it to record all or nothing. This means of course huge backup once its being used of things we don't need. We could activate that on purpose if it is reported a problem of some sort that needs to be observed, but its lousy for podcasts.

So we have written the software producer as there are programs for to make proper podcasts which are compatible also with You Tube and I think I want any podcasts on you tube or similar places. I don't want to do a teaching session until I can record it, so I put this on hold for now, but I may still just have a loose "ask candace" or something thing periodically and perhaps "soon". I am still putting in more time than I have right now. When I slow down on the Evelyn thing and have my gardens finished, then maybe next week?

Jiddu Krishnamurti

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

well it is not easy to find a way to copy chats for podcasts, we are running into dead ends to get some thing EASY to use, they all require pretty much a webmaster with tons of time. No decent interfacing software with "easy buttons".

I will start with at least a weekly chat with Candace. It is possible to back it up on those days maybe, as we can set the software to copy all the chats on whatever days I am on and then perhaps save them to put them up in some way if it seems they should be put up.

So I need to think about "times" to do this and announce here. Maybe I can do a couple a week to included other times zones for live chats. Mark will also create some permanent chat rooms which again, cannot be make with easy buttons by Admin. We can hire somebody to write interfaces of this sort, but not now, we are stretched. I think I shall leave that to star fleet for after the ministasis or whatever at this point.

Once we create some permanent chat rooms, I want folks in various locations to begin USING THEM just to get to know each other and build fraternity where you live. There would be for example obviously a korean one, and one for spanish speaking folks in north and south america as there is time zone compatibility etc.

We still have a rather small membership here and perhaps me and others having posted chats will encourage more to register. We cannot run a chat service with out having membership to this forum for security. We are not supporting others who would come and abuse it.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Tentatively I am planning my first organized voice chat July 9. I have not determine the time yet, that many of you might participate. I will advertize it here and on the front site. I think I will make a fixed time each week. I might do 2 a week because of time issues, maybe one that will work for those in US and Europe etc, and the other those along the asia pacific area. If I do one during my daytime, those ones there are sleeping!

You can make some suggestions on times in this thread.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

I have posted a couple of days ago but no one is talking.
    It was the candace room.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension Guy View Post
    I have posted a couple of days ago but no one is talking.
    It was the candace room.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, there was NO CHAT GOING ON. Do not just post questions there for me. When I have a time set for a MIC/podcast chat, I will announce it. We are still testing. I haven't even been in there since Mark and I were testing a couple days or so ago. Chats require 2 or more people. That is the point! We are making several permanent chat rooms and seeing if they stay permanent. The software developers did not make easy buttons, we have to change the code. We were working on increasing the size of the font, because it was too small. There is no font size button.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ok tomorrow Sunday 11 am my time, which would be 1700 UTC , I am doing a simple Ask Candace, because I need to test the system and also my recording software I purchased. This is not "formal" and might run an hour or so or as long as there is interest. I have heard there are difficulties with sound echoing and so for this you must keep your volume down a bit on your computer and do not have TV and music playing in the background. Also there is problem at least at times with sound delays, apparently when folks are using it in europe. So I need to get a grip on all of this stuff.

So come around then, as this will be audio video, although I may or may not have myself viewable, because it distracts me like crazy to see myself. So you ones i will see a blue piece of tape over my camera. Anyone that thus does NOT want to be on video, the solution is to put tape over your camera. We cannot separate video and voice.

This is your own opportunity to learn to use the video voice chat. If this is a terrible time for some of you please POST and say what works better, since it is a weekend. Again the big purpose is testing the system and you may ask questions. Please do not over mic each other, and also questions maybe be typed in the typing box for me to look at. If Christ or Nancy can be on, I will have you "moderate" it if there are too many on and direct usage. Please come on so we can test this.

Mark has been able to increase the font size, but all his "permanent' rooms went away and did not hold and this is at least in part that the directions still say to delete all unused rooms..... Hopefully he will have some time this weekend to work this part again. This software is NOT as developed for easy button use as it should be, regards moderation and permanent room creation. If mark is not successful next time we might have to pay to have some of them set up so he can learn from that. There is just no easy button to make a room permanent and this is a terrible planning fault for a software that has sold to 3000 users.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ok tomorrow Sunday 11 am my time, which would be 1700 UTC , I am doing a simple Ask Candace, because I need to test the system and also my recording software I purchased.

Candace do you mean tomorrow Saturday 07/13/2013 at 1700 UTC?
    Today is Friday 07/12/2013.

bblu
    However many holy words you read, however many you speak,
    what good will they do if you do not act upon them?
    G. Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by bblu** View Post

bblu
    well I meant to change saturday to sunday, figuring lots of people are busy on Saturday.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

bblu

Will, I will give Brenden a laugh here and say I was "clear as mud" on this one! I meant to change the Saturday to sunday figuring folks are probably less busy on Sunday, but I truly don't know on that.

So SUNDAY at 17 utc. I was trying to make it more possible for evening in europe .

I might want to set another that will work for the folks on the western side of the pacific, korea, Australia, Malaysia etc. I could do 2 I suppose this weekend to test the system, so these others could participate. I need to calulate a time for them, as they vary from 13 to 16 hours ahead of my time, or after my time I guess is better said.

When its 10 PM my time, its Noon for Ben, for example. Am I still clear as mud here?

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Will, I will give Brenden a laugh here and say I was "clear as mud" on this one! I meant to change the Saturday to sunday figuring folks are probably less busy on Sunday, but I truly don't know on that.

So SUNDAY at 17 utc. I was trying to make it more possible for evening in europe .

I might want to set another that will work for the folks on the western side of the pacific, korea, Australia, Malaysia etc. I could do 2 I suppose this weekend to test the system, so these others could participate. I need to calulate a time for them, as they vary from 13 to 16 hours ahead of my time, or after my time I guess is better said.

When its 10 PM my time, its Noon for Ben, for example. Am I still clear as mud here?
    Candace for me in Brazil, Brazilia time, Sunday 14th at yours 11am in Denver will be 2pm.

I found a site that helps to find out the time every where without using UTC

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/conve..._in_US-CO.aspx

EDIT BY CANDACE: Just put the date and my time of 11 AM in the field, hit submit and then select from a list closest to where you live to get YOUR TIME that matches my time.
    G. Buddha

57. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucia For This Useful Post:

Re: CHAT with CANDACE Sunday July 14

A reminder on tomorrow. You must not have a skype cam/mic conversation going while you are in the chat room. Christ discovered this when testing video/mic in the chat room with another while also using video/mic with that person on skype. Its one or the other! If windows live still exists, I assume this would be the same case too. or any other "skype" type of program you may have installed.

If any of you wish to record tomorrow for yourselves, there is a free online voice recorder here. http://www.apowersoft.com/free-audio-recorder-online

Again, this is a test for ME to discern problems and test my software, and also for you all to learn HOW to use the chat room. That is why I have no set TOPIC to discuss and will make it an "ask Candace" sort of format. I am tired of trying to solve/understand some problems and am just moving ahead, so please show up to help and also to just chat with me.

Please make sure you have YOUR time right with my time of 17:00 UTC. in the US and South America etc your time unless in my time zone or westerns time, will be later than my 11 am. Europe and Africa are most of the time 7 and 8 hours ahead of me, so it will be evening for you. 6 to 7 pm. As Lucia mentioned where she is brazil she is 3 hours ahead of me, so it will be 2 PM for her.

Actually those of you on the far west pacific, it would be during your sleep time. 14 hours ahead of me, which is Ben it would be 1 am in the morning. That is why in the future I may have to have topic chats at two different times to include everyone.

If I do one early say my 8 am it would be 3 to 4 pm in Europe and 10 PM to 12 AM in the western pacific generally and up to 11 am in central to South America and the carib. That might work well enough though. But those in hawaii,,,,,, it would be too early, so I can't please you all....hawaii is 3 hours behind me if I remember correctly. California is 1 hour behind me. And if varies for those of you NOT on daylight savings right now.... that IS a factor. I AM ON Daylight savings right now and I WISH WE COULD STOP WITH THAT .

OK i tried the linky Lucia gave, just put 11 am July 14 into it, and hit submit and then choose WHERE YOU LIVE TO GET THE TIME for you. The site IS for the purpose of webcasts etc.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/conve..._in_US-CO.aspx And follow the directions above.
    Last edited by KAN DAEK; 07-13-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-CO.aspx

Jiddu Krishnamurti

59. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

I have just made a test with Christian Lippens, with video and sound, and it worked pretty well.
    The fonts are in a good size to read, we can finally make a chat!

Our time in Brazil is UTC-3, so it will be 14:00 hours for us.

61. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiago For This Useful Post:

I won't be attending. But would like to have a copy of the recording if possible was the chat is over. I will be working at that time. Maybe I'll be on the next one. May it all go as expected and you all enjoy the chat.

For Koreans, the time will be 2am 7/15/2013.
    If wrong, please correct me.
    I'll try to be in the chatting just to listen ... with some help of
    my son ... the time is okay for me.

Vera

I won't be attending. But would like to have a copy of the recording if possible was the chat is over. I will be working at that time. Maybe I'll be on the next one. May it all go as expected and you all enjoy the chat.
    Dear Krishina and all,

I'm very sorry for not attending the conference because of my scheduled next morning.
    And is it o.k. for Korean members to do it over night 2:00 am?
    I guess that it is too severe.
    Next conference would be held within 12:00 pm.

Life and Light

Peter Kim

Quote Originally Posted by peterkim01 View Post
    Dear Krishina and all,

I'm very sorry for not attending the conference because of my scheduled next morning.
    And is it o.k. for Korean members to do it over night 2:00 am?
    I guess that it is too severe.
    Next conference would be held within 12:00 pm.

Life and Light

Peter Kim

You can use the chat room to conferance any time. I would suggest you in korea, using your own forum here, or PM's set up times. Right now the permanent Korean room did not happen, it went away and we have to try something else, but you can go and make a room anytime and talk. I in fact want those from say South American, to also come and chat at prearranged times amongst yourselves, and so forth, because you all need to get to KNOW each other more than by just writing in your various areas. Ditto South east asia/australia, Africa, Europe etc.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

66. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

For those who will be attending the AH Talk it Up Chat with Candace shortly - if you have never been to the chat room - Please login to the TIU (not 8*) forum using your normal ID - and then click on the Flash Video Chat link from the forum. it will take a little while all the connections to the different servers to work it out then you will join the chat room.

68. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Ii tried on my iPad which I mainly use & couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's not the correct format? I would have to pull out my old laptop & try. But I need to finish gardening before the thunderstorms.
    Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    Ii tried on my iPad which I mainly use & couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's not the correct format? I would have to pull out my old laptop & try. But I need to finish gardening before the thunderstorms.
    Catherine
    this uses Flash Technology and not all of the Smart devices support flash (iPads, Iphones, Android devices) - so yes it would be beneficial if wanting to attend to use the computer

71. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Just as a side note - and WARNING - for those who might want to attend and disrupt the activities - there are functions in the chat platform for this to be dealt with. So if you want to just come and disrupt the proceedings it will be dealt with accordingly - no reason to even try

Yep we CAN and WILL ban you right out of the chat room if any disgruntled ones registered for that reason. This is not glp.

73. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

OK we had HUGE DELAY problems, taking up to 30 seconds to even post a note from my end. We closed it down and are doing some work, well, Mark is, and then we will invite a few back to test, maybe in a hour or so. What a mess. I chose Sunday on purpose because its the slowest internet day.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

It is a very good experience, despite the natural problems that arise.
    I shall take a break and will contact the chat again by 19 UTC, give or take.

Administrator

i've been connected for half a hour but no voices, no images......MUTE and alone....sigh!!!!

this is my first forum and first chat, so i'm really ignorant, i followed the instrucions posted by Candace and Mark and it seemed to me easy to do but... may be did i something wrong !!?? if so, someone may help me? THANKS.

after half a hour appeared this message:

Connection failed, media server might be down or firewall might be blocking the connection!

Could not generate token

AVChat3.0 User Interface - Windows Internet Explorer

i'll try later !!!

Ok - we did some configuration changes and have it up for a limited time - some have no problems others are still experiencing issues

Banned

Though I allegedly logged in, refreshing several times, my presence was never recorded; though Denise did respond to my one written message. I did get up to 4 videos after clicking on the AV enabler which shows after clicking on a name in the bottom left list -- as suggested by Tiago. I finally heard (and saw) Christ for about 2 minutes as he was poking around, but his voice was too clipped for understanding. Did see Mark and Christ.

Signing in and activating the webcam and mic were easy; but no acknowledgment in text, ever, that I had entered the room. Activity was being listed toward the top right of the message window.

I could not ever be heard. I am not sure that my internal mic was properly activated -- though I did get audio feedback between my speakers and mic. I'll check this out through Skype, of course in a separate venture to verify that my mic is indeed live on the internet. Perhaps I shall try an external mic.

Possibly important: time was listing in the message window AM rather than should-have-been PM. I am one hour later than Candace's local time.

Mention all this in case there be clues for anyone.
    S

79. The Following User Says Thank You to sylvia For This Useful Post:

Using the upper left button I joined the cam and mic conversation, the problem was I could not turn my mic on. It showed the mute sign no matter what"bangonhead"

Lucia

Found the problem!
    Last edited by Lucia; 07-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    G. Buddha

Banned

Lost the chat room. Got this message when trying to re-enter circa 1250 Candace's local time. S
    "Connection failed, media server might be down or firewall might be blocking the connection!"

Banned

At about 2:50 pm my time, I lost the chat/video connection and was gone.....not sure why this happened. My internet was working and all seemed fine. I could not get back into the chatroom.....Virick I was typing a message back when I lost all connections.....sorry for no reply back.

Sylvia that was the same message I received.

Denise

83. The Following User Says Thank You to Denise For This Useful Post:

My god"bangonhead"it was so frustrating! I could see you and hear and you all did not hear me. I changed to mac and it continued not working and then all came downWe will have to do this more times until we get it right!

Lucia
    G. Buddha

Lost the chat room. Got this message when trying to re-enter circa 1250 Candace's local time. S
    "Connection failed, media server might be down or firewall might be blocking the connection!"
    Same for me , I could see and hear Tiago and Christ Before the Connection broke

Are we going to try again?
    I was able to see and hear only four people, not Candace, though. Christ, Andre and Mark.
    Would like to keep trying this.
    Janet

It appears that you can have only 4 active audio/video frames running at the same time. That is what I determined when everyone was up the first time. Not sure whether this is limited by design or by a software setting.

Lloyd
    Last edited by Lloyd; 07-14-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo

Everybody, we have massive interference, lets call it a day.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

89. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Banned

Everybody, we have massive interference, lets call it a day.
    OK. Actually, I AM greatly encouraged by it all. Please thou shakers and movers: Keep on keeping on!

91. The Following User Says Thank You to sylvia For This Useful Post:

well once the configuration can be improved and NEVER EVER ON SUNDAY again for a large group, as on Sundays there is a lot of business, banking, and government use.... which slows it all down. But I got to see and hear voices I had not heard before and that is very nice and its WHY WE WANTED AUDIO VIDEO CHAT TO BEGIN WITH, SO ALL OF YOU CAN GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER MORE PERSONALLY. AT THE END I CHATTED WITH TIAGO FOR SOME TIME, AS EVERY ONE WAS GONE AND IT WAS LOVELY....... NOW START USING IT IN SMALL GROUPS. USE PM'S OR YOUR PRIVATE KOREAN ETC FORUMS TO PLAN TIMES TO LOG IN THERE. MARK IS AGAIN WORKING ON PERMANENT ROOMS, LIKE A KOREAN ROOM FOR EXAMPLE, AND THEN YOU WHO SPEAK KOREAN AND CAN VISIT AND TALK AND MAKE IDEAS ETC.

AS A GLOBAL TEAM WE NEED TO KNOW EACH OTHER. I AM SURE THE SEVERAL OF YOU WHO GOT TO OBSERVE ME A BIT WHEN I FINALLY FIGURED A WAY TO BE THERE, HAVE AN IDEA OF ME NOW. EVEN WHEN PISSED OFF, I SMILE A LOT! IT WORKS FINE FOR AT LEAST SMALL GROUPS AND WE ARE TRYING TO CONFIGURE BETTER, BECAUSE IT PURCHASED SOFTWARE SO 50 CAN US IT AT ONE TIME! WE CAN UPGRADE THAT.

SOMe thought that it was bandwidth. For years now we have paid for unlimited bandwidth and have a bigger server than needed for our regular stuff, which stopped some issues with interference.

We did the same with the media server, the biggest fastest, and unlimited bandwidth. It might be we will need more servers during the teaching time and if so we will get that when needed. But no more with what we have can those that try to harm us, do it by sending 50,000 emails to clog the server, which they used to do. I doesn't work for them now. And we very much thank those of you who support us so that we CAN have unlimited bandwidth and the fastest servers we can get for our type of need.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

93. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

1st - let me apologize for the snafu's - not intended

we will continue to make adjustments and proceed - not sure HOW we are all going to have video streams of everyone up and running at the same time - another challenge - but 4 is for sure too small - this might be that we have one speaker & one moderator and then as you want to make a question you turn the mic on or text the question - all logistical stuff

the echo's (and delays) come from all the different computer audio's around the globe - so we make a statement and then it gets heard multiple times - this again might be that we need to have the use of the mute button - we shall see

right now I will get these changes made and run another test and see what we have

Thank you all for you patience

Mark

95. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

also a few of us will practice more and write up some instructions, because it will be important to turn off the video when many are on and also give others time to speak, and we need to learn what the mute button does! Thanks ago for those who came, we learned a lot today....

Jiddu Krishnamurti

97. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Banned

also a few of us will practice more and write up some instructions, because it will be important to turn off the video when many are on and also give others time to speak, and we need to learn what the mute button does! Thanks ago for those who came, we learned a lot today....
    I did notice that after you "Start your cam and mike," there is a little > next to the X. If you click this it confirms that "Cam is on" and "Mic is on." When you uncheck "Mic is on" then you engage P2T mode. This makes a rectangle button at the bottom of your own picture that says "Push to talk." So, I presume that your computer mic is engaged only while you are click-holding the rectangle button. This is how mobile radio mics work: they have a P2P or (PTT) button -- Push to talk.

99. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvia For This Useful Post:

I found this first chat experience very enlightening for all of us.
    The most important thing is that we saw live faces and live voices, not avatars and nicknames.
    The technical issues that appeared are normal for a first try, nothing runs smooth the first time.
    If we keep practicising and contacting each other, the video chats will become a normal activity.
    Mark, thanks a lot for your commitment, keep doing the good job!

101. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiago For This Useful Post:

I did notice that after you "Start your cam and mike," there is a little > next to the X. If you click this it confirms that "Cam is on" and "Mic is on." When you uncheck "Mic is on" then you engage P2T mode. This makes a rectangle button at the bottom of your own picture that says "Push to talk." So, I presume that your computer mic is engaged only while you are click-holding the rectangle button. This is how mobile radio mics work: they have a P2P or (PTT) button -- Push to talk.
    THANKYOU Syvia, while I did eventually discover the arrow, I did NOT know what P2P meant. We will experiment with that! Because we need to have things off except for speakers at any one time and with the confusion today we had people talking all on top of each other, asking if they could be seen or heard. Also you can turn OFF your camera there, so save on server handling maybe once people see you.

When you do visit, you are shown in the left column and you must click start camera and mic and then you must click on EACH PERSON SIGNED IN that you wish to hear and see, which produces a list of options, which includes see THEM. You must click on each person you wish to see and hear. Which means if I am doing a pod cast or working, you must click on MY NAME.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

103. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Administrator

Thanks Silvia! On my picture/screen there was not "Start your cam and mike" and so on.....!

Here in Italy is midnight, so.....

105. The Following User Says Thank You to iamai For This Useful Post:

Mark, Candace, Thank you! This is all very lovely and Novel. It can only get easier. This has massive potential which i somehow failed to see before. Thanks again!

Folks, Nice to meet and feel u all... Quite different than text, i must say. I am left wondering how we have all gotten along so far with just written texts.

Loved seeing u all. Its a far different, fuller experience. I even felt like singing in my "hot Italian Bocelli tenor" voice

Have a good one.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff][I][B]When all else fails, do try [U]Nature's[/U] way... the [U]Simple[/U] faithful way... the [U]Masterful [/U]way, indeed... the Much, Much Better [U]Way[/U].[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][URL="http://youtu.be/zDyBDoYNALg"]
    [/URL][/B][COLOR=#0000ff][I][B]***[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][I][B]Co-Manifesting the African Renaissance. Together, sowing our many seeds of Life and Light on Mother Urantia.[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

107. The Following User Says Thank You to virick For This Useful Post:

Well Virick, your voice sounded more like Dean Martin to me ...

109. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiago For This Useful Post:

Well Virick, your voice sounded more like Dean Martin to me ...

he has a nice voice and very good looks to go with it and quite tall next to my short self. I met Virick a couple months ago when he was here in the states for training.... he spent a couple nights in Denver and we went to the mountains where he held his first snow, even though it was mostly melted spring snow.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

111. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

Candace, please talk with us about what we must do to ascend.
    I Am Tede

Quote Originally Posted by iamtede View Post
    Candace, please talk with us about what The must do to ascend.
    NO, its between you, your guides, and your karma cleared etc. There is no check off list. Ascending is to fuse with your Father Fragment. And you might be one of them, who knows, already.....

Jiddu Krishnamurti

114. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post:

I think some of the problem today with all the echos, bouncing etc, as I sat in meditation awhile ago while listening to LOP radio and Stanton Freedman, the "solution" came. Too many MICS are on. So this week a few of us will actually LEARN the software. Thanks to Sylvia again.

I want Christ, and if possible Tiago, Sylvia, and a couple others who figured out the software today, so I don't have to "teach", maybe you Bernd? Virick if you have a sound connection, you are probably available, to come on say at 10 am my time tomorrow, and lets test some more stuff together. And figure out the other buttons and functions that were only discovered today, once by myself. So 10 am my time which is 1600 UTC? I would like to have at least 5 total, maybe 6 who are already comfortable with the place. Including myself but not 10 of you etc.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Barbara, which type of computer do you have and which OS on it?

Quote Originally Posted by iamai View Post
    Thanks Silvia! On my picture/screen there was not "Start your cam and mike" and so on.....!

Here in Italy is midnight, so.....
    Also Janet, which OS for Mac do you have on your mac?

Jiddu Krishnamurti

I think some of the problem today with all the echos, bouncing etc, as I sat in meditation awhile ago while listening to LOP radio and Stanton Freedman, the "solution" came. Too many MICS are on. So this week a few of us will actually LEARN the software. Thanks to Sylvia again.

I want Christ, and if possible Tiago, Sylvia, and a couple others who figured out the software today, so I don't have to "teach", maybe you Bernd? Virick if you have a sound connection, you are probably available, to come on say at 10 am my time tomorrow, and lets test some more stuff together. And figure out the other buttons and functions that were only discovered today, once by myself. So 10 am my time which is 1600 UTC? I would like to have at least 5 total, maybe 6 who are already comfortable with the place. Including myself but not 10 of you etc.
    For me it's OK, Candace.
    16 UTC is 13:00 for us in Brasil.
    I'll be there.

Re: CHAT TEST with ME MONDAY at 1600 UTC read inside

I can make it if you want to include me also. 11 AM my time.

Lloyd

I'll be there too. In Switzerland its 18:00 CEST.

Flavio

Banned

Yes, but I may be a little late due to an earlier appointment.

A long time, successful custom in amateur radio is "running a net," wherein a moderator acknowledges each one of a group in a repeating order. Each one then either says "pass" or talks/exchanges with moderator (or anyone else), keeping within a decided upon time, e.g. 1 or 2 minutes. This net technique developed because only one person can broadcast over the same frequency at a time. Here in TIU it may be a good way for a techie-moderator to check out each member's presence for working out the kinks. Perhaps do some accurate time delays over global distances. Then go into free-for-all mode. A "net" works well with up to about 10 people.

For me, Candace's voice, only, was quite strong, Christ's, Mark's and Virick's voices were medium low and Tiago's was quite faint. FTR, I am one time zone away from Candace. Effective mic and speaker levels could be checked for each individual computer. Or, if it is a question of geographic distance then we each must learn how to keep each computer audio options handy for adjustment.

Administrator

Barbara, which type of computer do you have and which OS on it?

Also Janet, which OS for Mac do you have on your mac?

I have a notebook ASUS (2008), Windows Vista Premium / CPU Duo T7500.

Thanks !!!!
    barbara

OK for the few of you coming for todays test at 10 AM MY time (one hour earlier than yesterday), PLEASE PUT ON YOUR HEADPHONES. This seems at least with 2 of us on, Me and Christ just tested a bit, to stop the echo. ALSO if you are not logged in permanently, please do so, (use the "remember me " button) because if you do not, after a short time, the server will log you off, apparently if you are not typing here, it thinks you are inactive and will log you out. This may have been some of the problem for some of you yesterday. I only talked perhaps 15 minutes before I got a strange screen for Christ... and he couldn't hear me. I cannot use my Candace account, it did not work on either safari or Chrome today. And i think Sweet Candy didn't work on chrome either, but now I can't remember. I switched so many times. We still have delays, where the sound isn't heard by the other right away, that varied constantly. Tech team is supposed to work this morning on some of the issues Mark send to them.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yesterday I found out I need a mic for my old pc. I asked my husbands help and he asked me to make a test using my head set pluged in as a mic. That is when the p2t button appeared for me, I just didn't know how to use it until Sylvia helped us hear. so those without a mic, I think, won't see the press to talk square button, cause when I tried on my mac this button doesn't appear.

I won't be with you in a while, but wish you all a good testing afternoon

Lucia
    G. Buddha

Ok, have made an other constatation this afternoon.

Yesterday, I had problems to connect with Candace (on top of the list) because the window in I.E. can not be made bigger or smaller.

Have done a test in FireFox and there I can change the size of the room-window.

It looks as if I.E. is giving problems to!
    Oh, precious ones,
    there is glory to be had in GREAT MISTAKES.
    In gaining of perfection one MUST make the mistakes of the growing being – how else can the lessons be truly learned?
    Do not fear error – simply “correct” error! -- CM

I AM THAT I AM

Banned

I got disconnected from the server two times. Same happened yesterday 3 times but I could not reconnect right away.

I never did make contact with Peter. Could hear Candace's phone conversation all the time. The time delay to Christ in Europe, 8 seconds round trip, is shorter than the time delay to Tiago in Brazil, 12 seconds round trip. Brazil is more distant to me.

Audio and video never did sync well for me.

It makes a lot of sense that the typing is a different "route" than AV. Typing seems quite reliable.

126. The Following User Says Thank You to sylvia For This Useful Post:

to type is not the point slyvia however. We are being FUCKED WITH. Its very obvious. I can't use it at all right now. Candace did NOT work yesterday and I had to use my "test account" Sweet Candy and that worked for awhile this morning and then it didn't any more. The others could see and hear me, but I couldn't hear any of them and when sweet candy began to work funny, I decided to reboot my computer and 4 reboots later..... and it still didn't work. I had to reboot 4 times because the computer was under attack, and it took forever to boot and then froze up. Its going to take some help above which will come if we are supposed to be using it. The rest of you can have fun on it, go ahead. It does much better with only 2 people on, maybe 3, and the software supports 50 people being on at any one time and so does the media server and then some.

We can upgrade everything easily to have well more than 50 people on at any time. So I will submit a full complaint list to my guards and CM. It will do better with headsets as long as not to many are there.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by Christ. View Post
    Ok, have made an other constatation this afternoon.

Yesterday, I had problems to connect with Candace (on top of the list) because the window in I.E. can not be made bigger or smaller.

Have done a test in FireFox and there I can change the size of the room-window.

It looks as if I.E. is giving problems to!
    I never liked IE, it was always awful and the bookmarking is terrible on it, or was anyway. Safari has the finest book marking system for those who save many websites. I went to safari for windows long before I got a mac.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

I got disconnected from the server two times. Same happened yesterday 3 times but I could not reconnect right away.

I never did make contact with Peter. Could hear Candace's phone conversation all the time. The time delay to Christ in Europe, 8 seconds round trip, is shorter than the time delay to Tiago in Brazil, 12 seconds round trip. Brazil is more distant to me.

Audio and video never did sync well for me.

It makes a lot of sense that the typing is a different "route" than AV. Typing seems quite reliable.
    I Heard your voice for a few seconds when I entered the room Sylvia , but lost Contact with you after that.
    I got disconnected from the net 3 times when I tried to connect with Candace.
    Maybe all troubles are a result of thuginterference?

Banned

Hi Candace,
    • Yes, I understand that the objective is to talk and view. I feel that typing is a good interim to help sleuth, so it gives some confidence to continue.
    • I get it that interference is thrown your way/the site big time.
    • I feel that there are other issues, also.
    • There is natural interference with each of us due to mic settings, but more importantly the natural jamming of individual bandwiths; for instance I realize that I was more than likely disconnected because of other household use of my wi-fi at the time. Servers claim guarantee for residential bandwith, but there is always some exception clause buried in the contract. A local company that was guaranteed bandwith for their 24/7 order business had to persist tenaciously to acquire the commercial coverage they contracted for.
    • I think that you were not in Push-2-talk mode, Candace, because I could hear you all the time. This may have been interfering with your receiving from us. Also, this "crosstalk" can be confusing in test mode.
    • I agree that little groups should test TIU chat out; maybe by same or similar time zones; and maybe over great distances.
    • It might be important for all to use the same browser by pre-agreement. It seems to make sense that the routings would therefore tend to be more direct. Google Chrome works well for me but it may be way too popular. Safari and Firefox may be good choices -- which would mean that for me I'd have to install and test it out previously, for example. Myself, I will not consent to using Internet Eixplorer; it is too risky for my computer.
    • Namaste, Sylvia

Sylvia
    • I think that you were not in Push-2-talk mode, Candace, because I could hear you all the time. This may have been interfering with your receiving from us. Also, this "crosstalk" can be confusing in test mode.
    For me the only time that p2t button appeared was when I pluged a mic on my old pc. Now Candace uses a mac and they don't have the place to plug one. But when I was on my mac people still could not hear me. I clicked on too many people at the same time and could listen to them, but could not be heard by no one.

I used chrome on mac and firefox on the pc.

There has to be moderation when in a teaching session situation or people given speechs will get jamed with questions and not desired interruptions.

Lucia
    G. Buddha

For me the only time that p2t button appeared was when I pluged a mic on my old pc. Now Candace uses a mac and they don't have the place to plug one. But when I was on my mac people still could not hear me. I clicked on too many people at the same time and could listen to them, but could not be heard by no one.

I used chrome on mac and firefox on the pc.

There has to be moderation when in a teaching session situation or people given speechs will get jamed with questions and not desired interruptions.

Lucia
    that is your problem maybe, as the software is supposed to recognize the built in mic, and perhaps there is another setting for those that do not have built in mics. Today during the last part of my test I found myself booted essentially, did all the logging back in which included a lot of reboots of computer, so I was struck via my computer today and I could then here nobody and they could however hear me. I think this morning Tiago had an external mic and I guess it works fine for him.

a mic can be put on mine, but I wouldn't see a reason to try one, since its built in. I can't test on my old PC it has no mic and I don't have an external mic.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

133. The Following User Says Thank You to KAN DAEK For This Useful Post: