The Celestial Artisans
The celestial artisans. These beings are the master artists and artisans of the morontia and lower spirit realms. They are the spirits and semispirits who are engaged in morontia embellishment and in spiritual beautification...
Though their work may be almost incomprehensible to the material mind, it should be understood that the morontia and spirit worlds are not without their high arts and supernal cultures.
The celestial artisans are not created as such; they are a selected and recruited corps of beings composed of certain teacher personalities native to the central universe and their volunteer pupils drawn from the ascending mortals and numerous other celestial groups.
...They are commissioned in the following seven major divisions of activity by the central corps of morontia supervisors functioning on the headquarters world of each local universe:
1. Celestial Musicians.
2. Heavenly Reproducers.
3. Divine Builders.
4. Thought Recorders.
5. Energy Manipulators.
6. Designers and Embellishers.
7. Harmony Workers.
The Celestial Musicians
With the limited range of mortal hearing, you can hardly conceive of morontia melodies. There is even a material range of beautiful sound unrecognized by the human sense of hearing, not to mention the inconceivable scope of morontia and spirit harmony. Spirit melodies are not material sound waves but spirit pulsations received by the spirits of celestial personalities. There is a vastness of range and a soul of expression, as well as a grandeur of execution, associated with the melody of the spheres, that are wholly beyond human comprehension...
The celestial musicians are occupied with the production of celestial harmony by the manipulation of the following spirit forces:
1. Spiritual sound - spirit current interruptions.
2. Spiritual light - the control and intensification of the light of the morontia and spiritual realms.
3. Energy impingements - melody produced by the skillful management of the morontia and spirit energies.
4. Color symphonies - melody of morontia color tones; this ranks among the highest accomplishments of the celestial musicians.
5. Harmony of associated spirits - the very arrangement and association of different orders of morontia and spirit beings produce majestic melodies.
6. Melody of thought - the thinking of spiritual thoughts can be so perfected as to burst forth in the melodies of Havona.
7. The music of space - by proper attunement the melodies of other spheres can be picked up on the universe broadcast circuits.
The Heavenly Reproducers
Mortal man can hardly hope for more than a meager and distorted concept of the functions of the heavenly reproducers...
There are seven groups of the heavenly reproducers, and I will attempt to illustrate their work by the following classification:
Harmonists who reiterate the specific harmonies of the past and interpret the melodies of the present. But all of this is effected on the morontia level.
The color workers
Those artists of light and shade you might call sketchers and painters, artists who preserve passing scenes and transient episodes for future morontia enjoyment.
The light picturizers
The makers of the real semispirit-phenomena preservations of which motion pictures would be a very crude illustration.
The historic pageanteers
Those who dramatically reproduce the crucial events of universe records and history.
The prophetic artists
Those who project the meanings of history into the future.
The life-story tellers
Those who perpetuate the meaning and significance of life experience. The projection of present personal experiences into future attainment values.
The administrative enactors
Those who depict the significance of governmental philosophy and administrative technique, the celestial dramatists of sovereignty.