Political Information
Australian Officials Recklessly Endanger Martin Bryant’s Life
By Joe Vialls
Dec 28, 2010 - 1:24:35 AM

Australian Officials Recklessly Endanger Martin Bryant’s Life


* Copyright Joe Vialls - All Rights Reserved, 45 Merlin Drive, Carine, Western Australia 6020

Vialls Investigations


During 1996, Martin Bryant was sentenced to life imprisonment for the alleged murder of 35 people at Port Arthur in Tasmania. According to Attorney General Ray Groom, Bryant was the "most dangerous man in Australia", who would be detained inside a custom-built Risdon Prison hospital cell "for the rest of his natural life".

During the same time frame, television networks and newspapers alike ensured that Martin Bryant also became the most hated man in Australia. Much emphasis was placed on Bryant allegedly shooting a child hiding behind her mother’s skirt’s, then shooting another helpless child cowering behind a tree. According to the hysterical media, here we had the very worst kind of prisoner: Not only a mass murderer, but a ruthless child killer as well.

Australians nationwide were and are still taught to hate Bryant with a passion, to the point where dozens spray foul graffiti over the Tasmanian hospital walls, and tens of thousands mutter how they will kill Martin with their bare hands if they ever get the chance. Impossible of course, but is it? Quite suddenly since 21 June 2003, and apparently due to an inexplicable policy reversal, the public have already been given two chances to kill Martin Bryant, and will be generously provided with more chances in the future.

On Saturday 21 June 2003, another prisoner hit Martin in the face. In the words of Prison director Graeme Barber, it was "Just an incident between himself and another inmate who have lived in that environment together for the past few years." Prison inmates concur with this statement, but then suddenly, Martin Bryant, most dangerous and hated prisoner in Australia, was bundled into a prison bus and driven to the Royal Hobart Hospital for a "check up". Typically this journey takes between 15 and 20 minutes each way. One day later, the Australian media openly reported the details.

Exactly two weeks later, on Saturday 5 July 2003, another prisoner threw cleaning fluid in Martin’s face. Normal eye irrigation was initiated, as it would be in any other industrial situation. But then instead of following the normal procedures [any antidote for the known chemical followed much later by a vision test], Martin Bryant, most dangerous and hated prisoner in Australia, was bundled into a prison bus and driven to the Royal Hobart Hospital for a "check up". As with the first incident, the Australian media openly reported the details one-day later.

Compare these two startling breaches of security with far more serious injuries that "happened" in December 2000. On that occasion Martin Bryant was suddenly frog-marched to the distant remand wing of Risdon Prison, where he was found some time later with serious stab wounds. One particular wound in his thigh had cut down almost as far as the femoral artery, and required ten stitches. Martin Bryant, most dangerous and hated prisoner in Australia, was NOT bundled down to the Royal Hobart Hospital for a "check up". A doctor was called to the hospital and repaired Martin on the spot. This is proper procedure for a high-risk prisoner.

To summarize, Martin Bryant has been incarcerated inside Risdon Prison without a break since early 1996, a period of more than seven years. In all that time he has been subject to incredibly high security, and never been allowed outside the walls. Then all of a sudden, starting on 21 June 2003, security is removed to the point where he is driven in a bus to the Royal Hobart Hospital along an insecure route, not once but twice in two weeks, for trivial injures inflicted by two different men. The media widely report both incidents. Why?

The most likely answer to anyone with ant-terrorist experience, is a genuinely chilling scenario that should be of concern not only Martin Bryant, but also to the prison officers who escort him, and to their wives and families. Bryant is the only man alive who can tell the Australian people in open court exactly what happened to him in the days and hours leading up to his arrival at Seascape Cottages, and who was involved in luring him there. Hard forensic evidence has already cleared him of any presence at Port Arthur. As pressure grows for Martin Bryant to be given his day in court, he becomes a greater and greater risk to the professional killers who were really behind the horrific mass murder at Port Arthur. They would sleep a lot easier if he were dead.

Killing Martin Bryant inside the prison has so far proved impossible, though it must be said that at least one attempt has already been made. Such a killing would also result in an undesirable inquiry which might or might not implicate one or more members of the staff. Best to do the job outside then, thereby severing all possible links to officialdom, and to any "fellow travellers" in the Tasmanian political establishment. So how can it be arranged?

This is bog-standard stuff for professionals, and considerably easier than robbing an armored car loaded with cash or bullion. First establish a pattern, which in this case means inflicting minor injuries on Bryant, thus enabling him to be sent to the Royal Hobart Hospital several times for "check ups". This procedure also sets precedents, making it seem perfectly normal for Martin Bryant to be shuttled backwards and forwards in a prison bus, despite the fact this only started a few weeks ago in June 2003. Make sure the newspapers relay this revised Orwellian "normality" to the Australian public.

Study the behavior of Bryant’s escorts when they make the first trip to the Royal Hobart Hospital. They will be jumpy of course, because this is the first time the most dangerous and hated prisoner in Australia has been allowed outside the prison walls in seven years. Discreetly study the speed of the bus, traffic lights, and road intersections. Check intercept points, monitor police and any other relevant radio frequencies.

During the second [and possibly third] dummy runs to the Royal Hobart Hospital, run another check on the escorts. Getting used to it, more normal now. Escorts relaxed and cracking jokes, no longer paying attention to their surroundings or possible risks. Fine-tune operation for next, final, trip from Risdon Prison.

Exactly which methods and means will be used on the day is a matter of speculation, though it seems certain that under the circumstances "saturation" will be ordered, i.e. a terminal job for all on the bus, leaving no witnesses and ensuring swift efficient exfiltration. Remember that the people who organized and carried out the ruthless murder of 35 people at Port Arthur in April 1996, will not be worried about killing a mere handful of completely insignificant prison officers in order to silence Martin Bryant. Nor will they lose any sleep over grieving wives and children.

The Orwellian media will tell you that "vengeful" members of the public launched a "completely unexpected" attack on ‘hated’ Martin Bryant as he left the Royal Hobart Hospital to return to Risdon Prison. There will then be a massive police search, but no offenders will ever be caught. The widows and children will try to get on with their lives, though severely hampered by hopelessly inadequate compensation. You will go back to sleep, reassured that "the killer" is dead.

If Prison Director Graeme Barber wishes to prove me wrong, or wants to make me look stupid, there is one certain way of doing it, and I will have no objections. It is simply this: Keep Martin Bryant safe inside Risdon Prison until a trial can be forced for him, and order your subordinates to provide the required care which has been visibly absent these past few weeks. If all else fails and the next "incident" is a broken arm or leg, pick up the telephone and call for professional counter-terrorist assistance, plus armored vehicles to take your charge to the Royal Hobart Hospital.

So Mr Barber, you have been warned of the risks - in advance. If Bryant is allowed outside Risdon prison again, and just happens to die one way or the other, guess who will be the responsible person?

Joe Vialls


The author is an independent investigator with thirty years direct experience of international military and oilfield operations.

All writings by members of AbundantHope are copyrighted by
©2005-2017 AbundantHope - All rights reserved