Holocaust - Genocide - Child Trafficking - Child rape
Catholic-Anglican -United churches - Government Cover Ups
As you all know I have been a strong supporter of Justice for Hollie Greig, the Down Syndrome girl that was gang raped by a large Peodophile ring in Aberdeen, Scotland. I think at the time I did around 15 articles on this terrible case and still, to this day, no justice has been handed out. In actual fact at one stage they were trying to take Hollie from her mum Anne. Her case is still being pursued by Robert Green who himself became a victim because of his attempts to expose the case to the British Media. However, the media has been silenced by the Scottish Government and to date little can be read in the mainstream media.
I just happened to receive a special request from the Leuren Moret in the United States. Leuren has been a long standing supporter of Indigenous people in the US and Canada and she suggested that this Canadian story should be made public owing to the severity of the allegations.
I know that Robert Green has met with Kevin Annett who also has met with Hollie Greig and her mum Anne. Supporters of both Hollie and Robert are regrouping and hopefully will make “Hollie’s Army” a voice to be heard. I have spoken to Robert and I am sure that when Kevin comes to England a show of strength will certainly bring awareness to the people of Britain the extent and size of Peodophilia in Britain, Canada and the rest of the world.
I have therefore decided to add this email from Kevin Annett in its entirety with some updated information on the Hollie Greig. I sincerely hope that all those that read this story will carry out their own research on the Canadian Holocaust and the planned Genocide of Native Americans, watch the appropriate videos and read my past articles about the Hollie Greig story.
This is Kevin Annett’s email:
September 6, 2010
Rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number –
Shake your chains to earth like dew,
Which in sleep had fallen on you:
Ye are many – they are few.
Percy Shelley, 1817
This week, I depart on my third journey to Europe in a year, to confront “Pope” Joseph Ratzinger and “Queen” Elizabeth Windsor for their complicity in crimes against humanity. This is the end of a cycle, and the beginning of a new one: for part of my purpose on this trip is to complete the third and final stage of spiritual and political exorcism against the oldest and most murderous institution on our planet: the Vatican , and that which stands behind it.
Before I leave “ Canada ”, I want to remind native and non-native people alike that nothing has changed in our land for the victims of genocide, past and present. All of the pseudo “apologies”, gag orders, “healing and reconciliation” rhetoric, and hush money from the churches and government have not minimized their guilt, their responsibility, and their liability for their crimes in Indian residential schools.
The Catholic, Anglican, and United churches, and the government of Canada , are not absolved of their murder of more than 50,000 children in these schools. And the struggle to bring them to justice, and to trial, carries on.
The efforts by these criminal bodies to distract attention from the growing evidence of their guilt, from the mass graves and tortured lives that fill this country, have not worked. Their self-serving whitewash they call the “Truth and Reconciliation Commission” has been exposed as an expensive traveling circus that silences witnesses and protects the guilty.
But this TRC is more than that: under international law, it is an attempt to actually obstruct justice and shield criminals, and should therefore cause those responsible for it to face charges before international human rights tribunals.
The network of which I am a part, known as the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State, is attempting to do precisely that, and not only charge Canada and its churches for genocide and its concealment, but to commence sanctions against these bodies and actually displace them. But our Tribunal also aims to do the same against the organization and person ultimately responsible for these crimes: the Vatican and Pope Joseph Ratzinger.
Our Tribunal was formed in June, and embraces groups in seven different nations. It will be convening its first sessions during September in London , Geneva , Dublin , Rome , and other cities. For what has murdered and enslaved aboriginal people on this continent has done the same to nations and to children all over our planet, for centuries – and
continues to ravage and kill the innocent.
Our campaign has grown to become a spiritual confrontation with the force responsible for this war against humanity, and I have had the honor of helping to strip away the false and beguiling mask that protects that force – especially outside the Vatican last October and April, when I invoked a process of exposure, disarming and expulsion against the spirit of lies and murder that inhabits the false church that calls itself Chistianity.
Since those exorcisms, the Vatican has begun to crumble under the weight of new exposures and evidence of the Pope’s personal implication in child trafficking and protecting child rapists. And that decay will continue.
Because we have escalated this struggle to a new level, and begun to engage the powers of death on a spiritual plane as well as a political one, this campaign, and I, face new attacks. Murders of aboriginal members of our network, threats against others, a new smear campaign by church and state, and the recent cancellation of me and my radio program Hidden from History from the airwaves of the state-funded Vancouver Co-op radio, are all signs of this attack – but they also indicate the threat we pose to the institutionalized rapists and murderers.
But let me give you a deeper cause for this censorship and attack on me and our campaign. In Canada alone, under the guise of a United Nation’s plan named “Agenda 21”, government and aboriginal politicians are implementing a murderous “final solution” of native people by eliminating them from social services, housing and health care, and forcing them off their remaining land.
The continued abduction, trafficking in and killing of native women and children is part of this Agenda 21, and has the active involvement of the RCMP and other police. Its broad purpose is to de-populate native people from two million to barely 200,000 people by 2020, and to secure the water, hydro electricity and minerals of Canada for multinational companies. My exposure of this Agenda caused my recent banning from Co-op radio. But the truth of this modern genocide will not be silenced.
We are exposing the truth more every day. And it is for that reason that I urge you to take heart and know that justice and truth are winning – and so we must all re-double our efforts to hold the criminals accountable, name their names, publicize the evidence of their crimes, and join together in our growing international movement of all victims of church-sponsored genocide.
You can help us to do by a few simple steps: by sharing and documenting the truth, and convening local chapters of our tribunal in your communities.
We have some new weapons in our arsenal to help you do this: especially two new books that I have published this month: No Longer Hidden, which is the updated sequel to my book, Hidden from History – The Canadian Holocaust – and Unrepentant: Disrobing the Emperor, which is available through Amazon Books and from O Books in England.
These books contain the updated truth of the full story of what has caused genocide in our world and in Canada – and why it is continuing.
As well, to broaden our media presence globally, I am beginning new blog talk radio programs over the internet this month which will cover our work. Every Monday commencing on September 20, I will be issuing a media advisory and update, along with a program of news and views from various places in the world. And we will also be filming a new documentary as a sequel to our award winning film Unrepentant – which was recently broadcast to over 10 million people on European Television.
It is always tempting to believe that the crimes and horrors we have unearthed are some kind of aberration in an otherwise humane society – and that enough exposure and truth telling will compel the government or some other benefactor to intervene and make things right. But we have learned from experience that this is not so: and that church and state and police forces continually collude to mask the crimes so that they will continue.
We know now that continued rape and trafficking in children, the slaughter of whole nations for their land, and the concealment of perverts by the highest offices of church and state, have been part and parcel of Christian, western civilization for thousands of years. The conquest of the innocent, of the earth, and of strangers, is intrinsic to our religion and our way of life. And so we cannot appeal to a ravenous lion to stop eating gazelles. We must instead kill the lion.
We have begun to do so by teaching people not to rely on the institutions that did the crime for justice, or healing – but to break away and declare our sovereignty from a dying and murderous culture. We must declare our independence from the church and state empire that committed and still causes genocide. And so on July 1, 2009, our network in Canada helped to proclaim a sovereign Republic of Kanata, declaring our independence from the Crown of England and the churches responsible for the residential school massacre.
This entire struggle is an attempt to return to our natural and just selves by rejecting the bloody Empire that has made us all accomplices in genocide – and it is something that each one of us must begin. I ask you to join us in this sacred task.
The next phase of this work has begun, with world shaking consequences. I urge you all to follow it on our website www.hiddenfromhistory.org But more important, armed with the knowledge and example I have helped provide you, act on your own, and boycott the false and criminal bodies known as the government and churches of Canada , and help us establish a new political and spiritual reality.
Stay tuned for more updates and programs on the truth – live from the front lines. May the light of truth and courage guide you this day and always.
I am Kevin Annett – Caoimhin Bochanan Ui Niall – Eagle Strong Voice.
“No matter what a man’s faculties otherwise might be, if he be willing to risk death, and still more, if he suffers it heroically, in the service he has chosen, that fact consecrates him forever.”
— William James
http/www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUsfqH0F6Yw in 11 parts
Read and Hear the truth of Genocide in Canada, past and present, at this website: www.hiddenfromhistory.org , and watch Kevin's award-winning documentary film UNREPENTANT on the same website.
UNREPENTANT: Kevin Annett and Canada's Genocide
Winner, Best Foreign Documentary Film, Los Angeles Independent Film Festival, March 2007
Best Director of a Foreign Documentary, New York Independent Film Festival, October 2006
- Winner, Best Canadian Film, Creation Aboriginal Film Festival, Edmonton, 2009
"As a long time front line worker with the Elders' Council at the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre, I stand behind what Kevin Annett is trying to do for our people. The genocide that continues today and which stemmed from the residential schools needs to be exposed. Kevin Annett helps break the silence, and brings the voice of our people all over the world."
Carol Muree Martin - Spirit Tree Woman
"I gave Kevin Annett his Indian name, Eagle Strong Voice, in 2004 when I adopted him into our Anishinabe Nation. He carries that name proudly because he is doing the job he was sent to do, to tell his people of their wrongs. He speaks strongly and with truth. He speaks for our stolen and murdered children. I ask everyone to listen to him and welcome him."
Chief Louis Daniels - Whispers Wind
Elder, Turtle Clan, Anishinabe Nation
End of email.
Kevin Annett visited Europe and this was his final press release prior to that visit:
Media Advisory: Tuesday September 7, 2010
Human Rights Campaigner to Serve Public Summons on Pope, Queen of England in London next week - Rev. Kevin Annett will help launch new International Tribunal London:
Building on a decades-long campaign to expose crimes in church-run Indian residential schools in Canada, Rev. Kevin Annett will be in London from September 13 to 20 to help launch a new International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State: and will serve a public summons on Pope Joseph Ratzinger and the Queen of England to appear before the Tribunal.
Rev. Annett, who helped force an apology and official inquiry into the deaths of children in Indian residential schools from the government of Canada, will be in London during the Pope's visit in order to bring charges against him for his complicity in crimes against humanity.
"The residential schools were one tip of an enormous iceberg of genocide and murder that emanted from the Crown of England and the Vatican" said Rev. Annett today in a press statement.
"Our Tribunal is uniting victims of church-state terror in seven countries, including England, to put on trial the institutions and persons responsible, beginning with the Queen and the Pope."
Rev. Annett will serve a public summons on them to appear before the sessions of the Tribunal. While in London, Annett will also give lectures and readings from his new book, "Unrepentant: Disrobing the Emperor", released this fall by O Books - and he will conduct public prayer vigils of remembrance for the victims of church violence.
From London, Annett will travel with a delegation to Geneva, where they will make a presentation before a United Nations committee, and to Rome, where Annett will conduct a third and final rite of exorcism outside the Vatican. Annett will also speak in Ireland, Slovenia and Germany.
See his website at www.hiddenfromhistory.org .
Rev. Kevin Annett (r) and supporters outside Canadian Embassy,
Trafalgar square, London, April 2010.
Itinerary of Kevin Annett's activities in London,
13-20 September, 2010
Monday, Sept. 13: Arrives London
Sept. 14: Available for interviews
Sept. 15: 7 pm - Public lecture to the Secular Society, Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, plus screening of Annett's award-winning documentary film "Unrepentant"
Sept. 16: 11 am - Prayer vigil and press conference announcing Tribunal outside Westminster (Catholic) Cathedral
7 pm: Lecture and readings from his new book at Passing Clouds community centre, north London
Sept. 17: Prayer vigils outside Lambeth Palace and Houses of Parliament while Pope is present - times to be announced
Sept. 18: 1:30 pm - Participation in "Protest the Pope" march, Hyde Park
5:30 pm - Informal meeting and interviews, St. Martin in the Fields
Sunday Sept. 19: 10 am - Prayer vigil and exorcism rite outside Westminster Cathedral, presentation of Summons to Pope
Monday, Sept. 20: morning presentation of Summons to Queen of England, Buckingham Palace
Sept. 20 evening: Departs for Geneva
Note: Kevin Annett will return to England on October 14 for more lectures and events
End of communication
The following information appeared in a Reuters report on the 10th of September 2010:
Child sexual abuse was widespread in the Belgian Catholic Church and drove at least 13 victims to suicide, according to a report published on Friday. "Almost every institution, every school, particularly boarding schools, at one time harboured abuse," Peter Adriaenssens, the head of a Church commission monitoring complaints, told a news conference.
Most Catholic schools in Belgium are subsidised by the state.
The commission disbanded in June after investigators seized its files in raids on Church offices seeking evidence of sexual abuse,
More than half of its 200-page report, based on cases recorded up till then, consists of excerpts of testimony from victims.
"In the case of 13 of the victims, it was reported that they committed suicide and this was related to sexual abuse by a priest," the report said.
The 475 cases it recorded included victims as young as two. Two-thirds were male and boys aged about 12 were particularly vulnerable. In most cases, abuse tailed off when victims reached 15 or 16.
End of Reuters article
We may also recall the findings on the island of Jersey some time ago where again pheodophilia was believed to have been part of the inquiry. Bones were found on the premises believed to be children etc.
Customs Paedophile Ring Alleged By Simon Santow for PM – Fri Oct23 2009
A former Customs officer has told the inquiry that corruption is an issue within the service. A parliamentary inquiry has been told that a paedophile ring is probably operating within the Australian Customs Service.
From my own perspective I (Peter Eyre) also had a close call in my younger years as a choir boy at a large Church of England Church….I noticed the Priest frequently had boys such as myself on his knee and stroking their legs above the knee and his hand would sometimes wander. I had the intelligence to tell my mum, who immediately stopped me going to church.
Again some years later another close call when I was befriended by a senior helicopter pilot who was later found to be in a peodophile ring and prosecuted. I rang him up and told him I was shocked to find out what he had been doing and in particular had concerns for my own children. I specifically asked him to come clean and name those involved to help his case, which he did. I later found out that his own son had also become a peodophile. Now you can see the scale of this evil sect.
Finally I can recall in Australia scandal also surrounded the Clontarfs Boy School in Perth, Western Australia and at other locations. This was only the tip of the iceberg as many others cases came into the Australian media…...I just happen to select this particular example as it was one of the most horrific. Let’s not also forget the Aboriginal Lost Generation story which is equally as disturbing. It no wonder the church is starting to diminish with very low congregations……when will the leaders of all the churches come together and stop this appalling trend. Venerable people turn to the clergy and their local church during their hour of need and then their innocence is taken away. This is not the followings of Christianity but rather the followings of the devil himself!!
I have attached this speech by Senator Andrew Murray – Immigraton and Multicultural Affairs - Australian Democrats. Made on the 19th September 2001, Western Australia:
MATTERS OF PUBLIC INTEREST: Keaney, Brother Francis Paul
Senator MURRAY (Western Australia) (1.15 p.m.) In the August 2001 Senate Community Affairs References Committee report on child migration Lost innocents: righting the record, recommendation 4 states:
That in accordance with the Statutes of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, the Commonwealth Government initiate the process for Francis Paul Keaney's membership of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire to be cancelled and annulled.
This unanimous recommendation goes some way to `righting the record' for all those child migrants and Australian children who suffered under Brother Keaney in Western Australian orphanages run by the Christian Brothers. The evidence damns him as a despicable and heartless monster.
The fight to vanquish evil in the church is international. In France, a bishop has recently been jailed for covering up paedophilia by another priest. In the United Kingdom, the church has supported the Nolan Review, an independent appraisal of harm done to children in the Catholic Church's institutions. In April 2001, in the executive summary of their first report, their hope was:
... to bring about a culture of vigilance where every single adult member of the Church consciously and pro-actively takes responsibility for creating a safe environment for children and young people.
I deeply regret that the official response by the Christian Brothers to the committee's Keaney recommendation does not contain the same sentiments. Instead, leading Christian Brother Shanahan said on Channel 10 news on 30 August that stripping Keaney of his honours was going `too far' because:
I think we need to recognise that it's not just black or white, but like all human beings there's quite a mixture in the man, a mixture of evil, conman, sadist and deviant. Brother Shanahan's reaction continues a long history by some of support for men like Keaney. Thankfully, others like the courageous Brother Coldrey campaign to expose these crimes and to address the uncomfortable issues so arising.
Before addressing the mixture that maketh this particular man, a brief profile of Keaney is in order. Born into a farming family in Ireland in 1888, aged 23 he emigrated to New South Wales in 1911 where he joined the police force before entering the Christian Brothers Order in 1916 at the age of 28. Apparently, it is a characteristic of people like Keaney to seek out opportunities for their deviant behaviour.
Where else would he start his ecclesiastical career then but at an orphanage in South Melbourne?
In 1919 he joined the staff at Clontarf Orphanage in Perth, Western Australia.
In the late 1920s he inaugurated the Tardun Farm School Scheme east of Geraldton and then later served a number of terms as principal, including at Clontarf from 1936 to 1941 and at Bindoon Boys Town from 1942 to 1944 and again from 1948 until his death in 1954 at the age of 65. Keaney was physically imposing. He stood six foot three inches tall and was of powerful build with a voice to match. He intimidated fellow Christian Brothers and boys alike.
In the late 1940s, Keaney set about erecting his own monument by embarking on the near impossible task of completing five large granite buildings at Bindoon using child labour. His unpaid hungry, fearful labour force were mostly child migrant boys who were also expected to clear, fence and establish vineyards and orchards on 17,000 acres of undeveloped Western Australian farmland.
To achieve his vision, he inflicted a manic and brutal regime of slave labour on the boys under his care. They were relentlessly driven from dawn to dusk in a dangerous work environment where the risk of accident was a reality. With their bare hands they cleared the land, laid the foundations and erected the most magnificent structures for Keaney and the Christian Brothers Order.
Education was largely denied these boys, as was an adequate diet and protective clothing. Christian love and care was distinguished not by its presence but by its absence.
So what is the mixture that Brother Shanahan likes in Keaney? Publicly, he possessed considerable public relation skills that he put to good work in creating a mythology about himself. He had many friends and acquaintances in high places that he wined, dined and conned. There were political and business leaders, heads of government departments and high ranking militarists and church dignitaries. He was referred to as `Keaney the builder', as `the orphans friend', as `the mender of broken lives' and other extravagant sobriquets. Such was the admirationif not adulationthat he was awarded an MBE and an ISO in 1954 and a statue was erected to his memory in 1957.
Privately, however, a very different man is revealed. No McLean, no Philby, no spymaster better concealed his true self. Listen to the former child migrants themselves. From submission 13:
When Brother Keaney arrived the real slavery beatings and sexual assaults became rampant.
From submission 20:
Some of the scars of Keaney's brutality still remain with me both physically and emotionally ... his actions would have warranted criminal charges had he not operated and exerted influence over the law in Western Australia.
From submission 25:
Bindoon was nothing more than a paedophile ring. Most of the Brothers were into raping and molesting the little boys, sometimes sharing their favourites with each other. They seemed to like the shy boys best.
Again, from submission 25:
We had no shoes, mixing sand and lime for the mortar. I remember the pain of lime burns on my feet and legs and if I stopped I would be flogged with ...Keaney's walking stick. We were all flogged by Keaney ...
From submission 57:
We built that bloody place. We built it with our bare hands ... We were slave labourers ... We had no shoes. We worked in our bare feet every day. Winter and summer. We built that bloody place for them ...
From submission 26:
I lost my teeth at Bindoonmy face kicked repeatedly by Brother Keaney
From submission 36: We would be ...subjected to ...extreme atrocious verbal abuse and very personal insults mainly from Brother Keaney. He would loudly shout to us that we were the scum of the earth and the descendants of whores ...
Again, from submission 36:
Br. Keaney was a very sadistic, perverted and deviant paedophile. He abused many of the boys ... in his care. Tragically, there was just no one that we victims could go to for help. Who would have believed us anyway?
From Welsh's Bindoon file:
When one boy asked Keaney if he could be taken off the pick and shovel to learn the electrical trade, he was hit between the eyes with Keaney's walking stick. [His] head was split open and with blood pouring from the wound, he fell to the ground. Get up, you little black shit, Keaney roared as he unleashed a barrage of savage kicks to [his] body. Get back to the pick and shovel! That's all you're good for ... Damn you to hellfire!
And another from the Geordie Bindoon file, pages 59 to 60:
An Irish lad, who happened to be closest to Keaney in one of his rages, and for no other reason, was backhanded off the scaffold and landed 10 feet below on his back. [He] spent six weeks in Royal Perth Hospital followed by five weeks rehabilitation at Shenton Park Hospital. Forty years later [he] is on a pension due to back and neck problems.
Sadly, there were some who knew the truth but did not have the courage to blow the whistle. Even prior to Bindoon, a child welfare department official considered taking proceedings against Keaney for criminal assault on a Clontarf boy. That is in submission 95. Certainly from government records uncovered it is clear that some officials had serious reservations about Bindoon. For example, a 1948 departmental memo states:
I have never been very happy about Bindoon and if the migrant boys are to remain there ... a great improvement will have to be effected.
Another in 1949:
I'm afraid that if something is not done to rectify the present position both the Department and the Bindoon authorities will leave themselves open to a charge of exploiting children.
If the boys ran away the police returned them, unbelieving of what they were told. The aura and the power of the church were too strong. The very brothers in charge of their care were often themselves the perpetrators of criminal physical and sexual assault. When a boy did pluck up enough courage to complain, he was savagely flogged for his temerity. Hard to believe? Read the report and the submissions.
So this is the private part of Keaney's mix. The tragedy is that his crimes were hidden from the public. He got away with them, and hundreds of migrants and Australian children live a lifetime of pain as a result.
A number of the leaders of the church were accomplices in this crime, but there are those who will not be a part of the cover-up. In Australia, the Christian Brothers' official historian, Brother Dr Barry Coldrey, wrote extensively on this area throughout the 1990s. In A Secret Report, written solely for the order's leadership in Ireland and Rome, he states that the brothers knew of sex rings operating in their institutions and that no effective steps were taken to prevent them. Legally, they were accomplices to crimea crime in itself.
So unpopular has Coldrey's work been that he has paid a price in the church. Although I am certain that there are very large numbers of Catholic priests who do support his cleansing work, there have also been moves to deny Coldrey any official post. Before Christmas last year he released his latest book on the Internet, called Religious Life Without Integrity. It was only a matter of months before he was ordered by superiors from Rome to withdraw it.
Another authority in this area is Richard Sipe of the United States. He retired from the Catholic priesthood with the permission of Rome in 1970 and has spent 37 years working in the area of psychology and mental health and for the Catholic priesthood with the backing of the church. In a report sent to the committee, he reveals that 30 per cent of United States' priests have some regular, some occasional adult sexual relationships. There is nothing wrong with that, in my view. Sadly though, his long-term research results in an estimate of six per cent of priests who have and do sexually abuse children. Thankfully, the vast majority 94 per cent have not and do not. There are obvious problems with transferring figures from one country to another. We do know, however, that there have been and are priest paedophiles in Australia. Currently there are 4,445 Catholic priests in Australia. Six per cent would mean a possible 267 paedophiles. One per cent would mean 44. Point one of a per cent would be four. I do not know how many there are, but there are not none.
Sipe believes that many, but not all, clerical sexual abusers cannot help their behaviour, whilst others are simply evil. Whatever the case, they and their crimes cannot and must not be protected. Mercy for them means scores of victims for society to deal with, preyed on by those whom little children trust. Keaney was evil and should be stripped of his imperial honours. He was a sadist who indulged in criminal assault and who knowingly protected rings of predatory brothers engaged in systemic long-term sexual assault on defenceless children. I do hope the government will take the committee's unanimous recommendation to heart.
In concluding, I would like to quote from an interaction between myself and Brother Shanahan on Thursday 22 March 2001. The Senate Hansard reference is CA486-487. I said as follows to him:
The accusations are as follows: those two orders I was referring to the Christian Brothers and the Sisters of Mercy engaged in systemic criminal assault, which included systemic floggings with a variety of weapons and brutal and dangerous behaviour towards children which were offences against the law at the time; widespread sexual assault including rape; widespread conspiracy between individuals and organisations within the Catholic Church to conceal crimes and to persuade police, medical staff and other authorities to be accomplices to the concealment; denial of education and the rights of children; brutal and inhumane working conditions including slave labour; theft of possessions and wages; cruelty and emotional deprivation on a grand scale; aggravated breach of contract with governments who entrusted children to their care; lies and deceit to children and to children as adults and to families, including forging and uttering; and a hypocritical and continuing use of legal stratagems to avoid the moral responsibilities arising out of those times. I said to him: You have dealt with that, to some extent, with your apology and, to some extent, with your submission. Do you accept those accusations as being an accurate reflection of the evidence of many people?
And Brother Shanahan's response was:
I accept that those accusations have been made by people. I do not accept them in the sense of pleading guilty as charged.
End of speech
Because peodophilia is rife throughout the world and on a scale too large to record I have decided to print this summary of news items relating to many such cases around the world. In the UK we have already seen the major cover up of the Hollie Grief story implicating high officials in the judicial system, schools, police, social services, care workers, priests and many more. We have seen this cover up being orchestrated right from the top i.e. The First Secretary for Scotland and his key legal team. We also understand that this sordid practice goes to the highest level in Westminster, including some members of Parliament. There is certainly a very close tie with all this evil and the Freemason’s. I will pick up on the Hollie Greig story and update after this list of news articles from around the world:
Clergy Child Molesters
Some of the news item headlines below have been changed to amplify the meaning
!!!: "Bishop resigns over handling of sex case." IRELAND: Comiskey/Fortune, also see below. -- BBC, http/news.bbc. co.uk/1/hi/world/ europe/1905395.stm , Apr 1 2002
• Priest abuse and abortion woman gets $2m payout. USA: in Los Angeles area, Fr John Lenihan. -- The West Australian, Wed Apr 3 02, p25
!!!: Bishop resigns over boy-sex cleric. IRELAND: Bishop had tried everything but dismissing Fr Sean Fortune! Bishop of Ferns, Brendan Comiskey, said: "I found Father Fortune virtually impossible to deal with. I confronted him regularly; for a time I removed him from the ministry. I sought professional advice in several quarters. I listened to criticisms and praises. I tried compassion and I tried firmness. Treatment was sought and arranged."
Bishop Comiskey resigned a day before a documentary was to be shown in Ireland about Father Fortune, who sexually abused dozens of boys in the 1980s and 1990s. -- The West Australian, Wednesday April 3 2002, p 25
• Priest-sex scandals keep lawyer Stephen Rubino busy on three continents. USA: -- The West Australian, Wed Apr 3 02 p25
^ ^ CONTENTS 1-50 201-on Translate Links Events Books HOME v v
< < Back Unspeakable ^ ^ REFERENCES 1 5 Overview Outreach Books v v "Fathers" Next > >
• Parole for disgraced Test umpire. AUSTRALIA: Steve Randell. Indecent to girls at Tasmanian Catholic school. -- West Australian, Thur Apr 4 02 p31
• "Crimes like sex abuse by priests and acts of hypocrisy by Christians have only worsened an already suffering public image for the Churches." PERTH: -- The Record, Western Australia Roman Catholic newspaper, "I say, I say" (comment by Paul Gray), April 4 2002, p 6
• Catholic clergy not main offenders + Celibacy is a tradition of love: Jesuit. -- The Record, April 4 2002, p 11
• Pope accepts resignation of Archbishop of Poznan [sneaked through a tunnel] + Purification being undergone by U.S. Catholic Church + Scandal preventable: Canadian archbishops. -- The Record, April 4 2002, p 12
• "Forced care inquiry 'overdue'." AUSTRALIA: Democrats Senator Andrew Murray wants an inquiry into the bad treatment of non-indigenous Australian-born children who were taken from their homes, and put into orphanages and children's homes. It would be a follow-on from the inquiries into the stolen generations [of Aboriginal children], and the child migrants [see Parliamentary report of August 2001 at www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/clac_ctte/child_migrat/c04.doc]. -- The West Australian, Sat April 6 2002, p 34
• Abuse priest Fr Don Rooney suicides. USA: -- The Sunday Times, Perth, Sunday April 7 2002, p 37
• Mormons acknowledge abuse. USA: -- The West Australian, Tuesday April 9 2002, p 20
• Celibacy and Pedophilia: A Question of Rights. By James E. Biechler.http/arcc-catholic-rights.org UNITED STATES: Details include:
• A sizeable number of teachers at a Californian seminary were apparently involved in the systematic sexual abuse of their seminarians
• The young victims of priests were rarely considered. Their profound spiritual and emotional injury was hardly ever noticed.
• One of the victims of Father James Porter told how he left the church in 1992 after the Archbishop of Boston criticized the Press for its approach to these appalling perversions of the Christian ministry.
• The Church authorities still backing celibacy continue to make excuses, to continue the "cover-up". Those who think themselves God's spokesmen perpetuate the misunderstanding and protect it from any evidence that might call its "truth" into question. Celibacy is "purity."
• There is no basis in revelation for the view that virginity or celibacy is the divinely preferred way of life for human beings. The Book of Genesis makes it clear that God's plan was that male and female would live together as a unified image of God. The celibacy myth evolved over the centuries, mostly as an alien import from the east.
• At a crucial stage of personal development the young seminarian is formed in a culture of denial. He must deny his natural feelings, he must downgrade the natural order which includes those feelings, he must deny the importance of his natural family, he must relegate marriage and the procreation of children to an inferior level of life, and so he must even see children in a diminished light.
• Among the many reform groups which have arisen in the church during the past two decades (ARCC was one of the first) there is a group calling itself "Celibacy Is The Issue."
• Many priests are experiencing identity crises. They are finding it difficult to be enthusiastic about their ministry. Denied the helpmate God created for them, they are experiencing deep loneliness and depression. Some have escaped this by entering de-facto relationships.
• Secondly, nobody can deny that there are many dedicated and virtuous unmarried persons in the church. Among these are many priests. We are grateful for the dedication and charity, not for the celibacy.
• Cardinal accused says e-mails leaked and broadcast. USA: -- The Record, April 11 2002, p 5
• Beware the hysteria of the publicity about clerical paedophilia. PERTH: -- The Record, letter from Alan Ames, April 11 2002, p 7
• Survey on U.S. abuse. USA: 66% disapprove of Catholic Church handling. -- The Record, April 11 2002, p 12
LAWYER TRIES SUING THE POPE and NEWS MEDIA UNCOVER LONGSTANDING CORRUPTION
• Vatican named in U.S. lawsuits. USA: Lawyer Jeffrey Anderson handles hundreds of cases; alleges moving abusers is Church policy to avoid liability. -- The Record, April 11 2002, p 13
• Abuse of Trust: Child Sexual Abuse and the Churches. AUSTRALIA, and WORLD: "Background Briefing" on ABC, Australian (and a bit of global) wide-ranging discussion.
• Various Churches and general
• In Australia, more than 100 clergy from the Catholic and Anglican Churches have been convicted of child sexual abuse in the past five years.
• Melbourne lawyer, David Forster, said: "You have to have firstly a Royal Commission established by the Federal government to look at the sexual abuse issue within Australia, specifically within the religious community."
• Mr Forster has represented over 100 sexual abuse victims, both Catholic and Anglican.
• Prof. Patrick Parkinson, Professor of Law, University of Sydney, author of the book Child Sexual Abuse and the Churches, says that many priests and ministers are in a position of extraordinary power -- to define what is right and what is wrong to young children.
• Prof. Parkinson said: "There was a fundamental confusion between forgiveness and trust. You could forgive somebody, that doesn't mean you have to trust them, and in particular it doesn't mean you have to trust them working with children. "
• Anglicans (Church of England)
• Anglican minister (dec'd) in the diocese of Bendigo 30 years ago sexually assaulted a boy, Peter O'Flaherty, then 10, for about six years. His father had complained to the minister's superior about the abuse, but nothing was done.
• The Anglican process is haphazard: 23 dioceses with 23 different sets of procedures to deal with child sexual abuse complaints.
• The Anglican Church in Sydney was forced to introduce a better system of dealing with victims' complaints after the 1996 Wood Royal Commission Inquiry into Paedophilia embarrassed the Church. The result was a new Church Discipline Ordinance which sped up the investigation of complaints.
• But Clare Pascoe Henderson, one of the key witnesses to the Wood Royal Commission, someone whose evidence was a catalyst for change in Sydney, is still waiting for some justice. Three years sexual relations from age 14 to 17 with her local Anglican minister had left her shattered.
• When she complained to the Church more than ten years later, she was told the Church couldn't do anything because of its "statute of limitations". When the Anglicans relaxed this, they did not contact her.
• The Head of the (Anglican) Professional Standards Unit, Philip Gerber, says the Church's "ordinances are published" and there was no particular agreement to tell her!
• Roman Catholics
• In the U.S., about 2000 priests of the Catholic Church have been disgraced. The Church there is accused of bribing some victims, to keep them quiet.
• In Ireland, one of the country's top bishops has quit amid allegations he protected a priest whom he knew had sexually assaulted dozens of boys. The Catholic Church has already promised more than $200 million in compensation for victims, and there is now to be a government inquiry.
• In Victoria (Australia) Fr Kevin O'Donnell (dec'd) was jailed for sexually abusing boys and girls aged between 8 and 14 years old from the 1940s to the 1970s, and senior Church leaders knew.
• Encompass was set up four years ago by the Catholic Church in Australia, as part of a system to deal with child sexual abuse. Dr Gerardine Taylor, the Clinical Director of an Assessment and Treatment Centre for Sex Offenders, says "Paedophilia, like all paraphilias, is not curable."
• In The New York Times, author and critic Jason Berry wrote a stinging critique of celibacy in the Catholic Church, saying celibacy led to the pathology of sexual secrecy.
• Fr Vincent Ryan, New South Wales, appealed to the High Court over the severity of his sentence, a minimum prison term of 11 years, for dozens of offences against boys aged from 6 to 14. He had been warned by the Church as far back as 1975 that his abuse of children must stop but his offending continued for another 15 years.
• There are separate Catholic Church procedures in Melbourne and for any complaints against priests of the Jesuit order.
• The policy of removing clergy as an 'unacceptable risk' has brought Australian Catholic bishops into conflict with the Vatican, which wants allegations of child sexual abuse dealt with by secret, internal Church courts.
• Fr Peter Chalk of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, masturbated in front of a 17-year-old student priest in a Victorian seminary in the mid-'70s and tried to seduce him. He went abroad and has not been charged.
-- Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Background Briefing, produced by Chris Bullock, http/www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/bbing/stories/s531384.htm , Sunday April 14 2002
• Bravehearts anti-abuse group holds rallies. AUSTRALIA:: Bravehearts hold rallies in five states. -- ABC news, "Children's group disappointed in WA inaction", Mon, Apr 15 2002
• Anger as priest faces sex counts.  PERTH, W. Australia: Van Klooster supporters harm and hinder media. -- West Australian Tue Apr 16 02 p14
POPE DECIDES TO SEE THE UNITED STATES CARDINALS IN ROME -- COURT DAMAGES AND INSURANCE PROBLEMS FINALLY HIT HOME, and THE FAITHFUL NEED A SHOW OF CONCERN
• Pope to 'carpet' U.S. cardinals on sex abuse. USA: Cardinal Law knowingly transferred offenders, 450 more claimants. -- The West Australian, Wednesday April 17 2002, p 27
• PM Howard 'cool' on sex abuse inquiry. AUSTRALIA: Democrats move; The West Australian, Wednesday April 17 2002, p 44
• Pope calls U.S. cardinals to Rome. ROME: Call for 23-24 April, Vatican says to examine paedophilia and to aim to return safety to families and trust to the clergy and faithful. -- The Record, April 18 2002, p 2
• Oblates nearing insolvency in Canada. CANADA: Litigation costs force order to seek bankruptcy protection. -- The Record Apr 18 02 p10
• Boston's Cardinal Law determined to carry on. USA: Documents reveal complaints against Fr Paul Shanley from 1967 included that he spoke in favour of man-boy sex and joined an organisation devoted to that, but Church kept him as priest, two newspapers call for his resignation, Fr John Geoghan imprisoned but Church had treated his offences with secrecy; The Record, April 18 2002, p 12
• Wesley teachers jailed [mid 1990s]. VICTORIA, Australia: Victorian husband and wife - John Alexander, Elspeth McKenzie - seduced 14-year-old Wesley College girl; The West Australian, Saturday April 20 2002, p 7
• Priest was evil one, says cover-up victim. USA: Fr Paul Shanley said he kept a promise to keep silent about cardinal abusing him in seminary, hierarchy conspiracy to allow Fr Shanley access to youth since 1967, Cardinal B.Law's secret Rome trip, and all 8 U.S. cardinals off to Rome, Victim's lives broken. -- The Weekend Australian, Roy Eccleston, April 20-21 2002, p 16
• "The Pope's Man." AUSTRALIA: An article about Dr George Pell, former R.C. Archbishop of Melbourne, now one year Archbishop of Sydney; details of his opposition to embryonic stem cell research, his refusal to give communion to a group of practising homosexuals, and his claim that the clergy's sexual misconduct is not because of the repression due to a cloistered and celibate lifestyle, but rather the sickness in a society that has lost its way. -- The Weekend Australian Magazine, Luke Slattery, photography Nick Cubbin, April 20-21 2002, pp 24-27
• Church rocked by sex scandals. EUROPE and USA - Scandals in Austria (cardinal), France (abbot and bishop), Germany (bishop), Ireland (bishop mismanaged), Poland (archbishop), Britain (archbishop admitted mismanaging Fr Michael Hill), United States (Boston Fr John Geoghan gaoled 18 Jan 2002, Philadelphia 35 priests, Allentown dismissed 4, St Louis dismissed 2, California $1.2m paid, New York dismissed 6, Cleveland suspended 9, had dismissed 12 previously); 2002/WORLD/europe/04/21/vatican.sex.reut/index.html ; Factfile from Reuters in CNN April 21 02
• Force out Cardinal Law, U.S. bishops urge Pope. USA: Law's secret talks with Pope followed by stance he will remain, ovation. -- The West Australian, Tuesday April 23 2002, p 23
• Parent Alleges Deterring By Pastor. UNITED STATES: The pastor at St. Monica's Church in Methuen rebuffed a father's intent to inform police that the Rev. Ronald H. Paquin had attempted to molest his son five years before Paquin was involved in a fatal accident in which another teenager, whom he had allegedly abused, was killed. According to a lawsuit filed yesterday in Middlesex Superior Court, John J. Facella, now of Rye, N.H., confronted the Rev. Allen E. Roche, pastor at St. Monica's, in late 1976 with the report that . . . (674 words) -- Boston Globe Archive, http/nl.newsbank.com , by Stephen Kurkjian, Globe Staff, April 23, 2002
POPE SAYS 'NO PLACE', BUT LEAVES IT TO THE U.S. BISHOPS WHO ALLOWED THE ABUSING
• "No place" - Pope's U.S. sex abuse speech. ROME: Text of 23 April 2002 speech to U.S
. cardinals gathered in Rome (leaving it to the U.S. hierarchy, with loopholes!). On the credit side, the Pope called the abuse a "crime." CNN version at www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/04/23/pope.scandal.text.ap/index.html Apr 23 02
• Pope says bishops' decisions 'wrong'. ROME: -- CNN news, April 23, 2002 Posted: 1:46 PM EDT (1746 GMT), 2002/WORLD/europe/04/23/pope.scandal/index.html
• Not Good Enough. AUSTRALIA: Too many loopholes in Pope's speech and Anglican system; suggested letter to bishops of both Anglican and Catholic Churches; revised edition issued Apr 26 02, original April 24 02
• Pope lays down sex abuse law. ROME: But repentance loophole lingers still. -- The West Australian, Thur Apr 25 02, p 19
• Sex abuse summit. VATICAN: Summit at Vatican brings together two very different views of law. -- The Record, Apr 25 02, p 12
• U.S. cardinals stop short of 'zero tolerance'. ROME: Bishops bluffing; talk of penance and rehabilitation on 24 Apr 02 European time, posted 25 Apr 2002, CNN version at 2002/WORLD/europe/ 04/24/pope. talks/index.html
• Sex hush riles seminarians. ROME: It's not just a U.S. problem, donations going to hush money, faulting of U.S. cardinals for spread of sexual misconduct; bishops covering up offenders; no apology to victims; The West Australian, Sat Apr 27 02, p 23
BLACKMAIL IN U.S.A. AND SPAIN
• Priest Fr Paul Shanley talked up boy-love. USA: bishop had evidence but did nothing. -- The West Australian, Sat Apr 27 02, p 23
• "Make All Religions Safe." AUSTRALIA: Petition forms, half an A4 page in size, began to be distributed as "Leave Our Kids Alone" on 27 April 2002. No "source" was put on the forms. A small number of signatures were sent by the Faith Purification Programme (FPP) to major Churches in Western Australia in May or June 02, and four signatures on 11 Oct 02. No response was received. On January 22 2003 nine signatures were sent, and this time the Churches of Christ and the Anglican Primate were the only WA Churches to respond by Feb 20 2003. The Catholic Archbishop's reply was dated 5 March 2003. It is not known how many signatures had been sent independently. No apparent improvement has been noted. The petition forms under the new title "Make Our Religion Safe" are being put on the WWW on Feb 20 2003, and instead of asking people to send signatures to Churches, the request will primarly ask them to send them to FPP. A motto has been added: "FOR GOOD TEACHINGS TO BE HEEDED, A BIG CLEAN-UP IS NEEDED." New name from 20 Feb 03; first old-name distribution: Apr 27 02
• Sex abuser jailed at 69. [1986-87 Crisafio] - No religion link reported. Boy.
The West Australian, By David Darragh, p 52, Saturday, August 10, 2002
PERTH (W. Australia): AN ELDERLY man has been jailed for eight years after a jury found him guilty of sexually abusing a teenage boy who had run away from home.
In sentencing, District Court Judge Hal Jackson said yesterday that Peter Pasquale Crisafio had initiated sex acts with his 15-year-old victim on nine different occasions after the boy had run away from home and stayed with the then 53-year-old at his North Perth home.
A jury last month found Crisafio, now 69, guilty of all 24 sex charges. Crisafio was convicted of seven counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16 and 17 counts of indecent dealing.
The offences were committed between May 1986 and January 1987.
Crisafio was made eligible for parole and his sentence was back�dated to July 18 when he went into custody.
• "More safety with married clergy" petition. AUSTRALIA: (begun 07 Apr 03)
• Two kinds of petition on the one sheet. AUSTRALIA: "Make All Religions Safe" PLUS "More safety with married clergy"
• "Petition for Optional Married Clergy" AUSTRALIA: (begun 04 Nov 03)
• Dr Pell, opposed to inclusive language translations, may help re-translate scriptures back to "man, men". VATICAN: "The Vatican Congregation for Divine Worship has appointed Sydney's Archbishop George Pell as chairman of its new 12-member committee for "reviewing translations of liturgical books into English". The congregation said the committee, which held its inaugural meeting last week in the Vatican, included bishops from nine different countries in order to reflect "the breadth and the diversity of the cultures in which the English language is spoken". The committee has been given a Latin name � Vox Clara. Archbishop Pell challenged the use of inclusive language in the first English translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. He and other influential prelates urged the Vatican to reject the original English text that was prepared under the supervision of Cardinal Bernard Law, Archbishop of Boston, who had endorsed the use of inclusive language. As a result of the protests the English version of the catechism was delayed by nearly two years and was finally published in 1994." -- CathTelecom www.cathtelecom.com/news/204/149.php quoting "Pell to chair Vatican translation committee," The Tablet www.thetablet.co.uk , Apr 28 2002
!!!: Blackmail and homo inn! USA: sex priest Paul Shanley in blackmail threat against Cardinal Humberto Madeiros; one-time U.S. motorcycle "street priest" ran inn with homosexual clients; papers with Greg Ford's lawyer Roderick MacLeish jun. -- The West Australian, Mon Apr 29 02, p 21
!!!: Sex video and blackmail! [CURRENT] SPAIN: Priest sex video sent to flock by homosexual blackmailing ex-lover (Fr Eladio Ocana Serrano), Spain; withdraws to monastery; The West Australian, Tue Apr 30 02, p 20
• [Disabled woman impregnated by Lismore priest, and paid hush money.] AUSTRALIA: Lady gets silence clause and $15,000. "On Sunday, Mr McCarthy tried to deflect criticism away from individual diocesan bishops, such as retired Bishop of Lismore, the Most Rev John Satterthwaite, and his successor, the Most Rev Geoffrey Jarrett, who signed off on a confidentiality agreement last month. It prevented a physically disabled woman who had been paid $15,000 compensation from going public with her story over how she became pregnant to a priest in the Lismore diocese." -- Sydney Morning Herald, of June 11 2002, http/www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2002/06/10/1022982819880.htm , "Church fails its own sex abuse rules," By Kelly Burke, Religious Affairs Writer, payment made May 2002. [COMMENT: Remember, the "no silencing" principle was adopted in "Towards Healing" in the year 2000! COMMENT ENDS] [List as May 2002]
• Umpire back. AUSTRALIA: Former test cricket umpire, convicted paedophile Steve Randell, 46, released from gaol, may umpire again. He had served 2 years 9 months gaol. -- The West Australian, Wed May 1 02, p 14
• ABC Radio talk about R.C. priests' problems with celibacy. AUSTRALIA: Some go visiting prostitutes, and there's been a decade of sex-abuse charges. Books discussed Cassocks in the Wilderness, Sex, Priests and Power, and Celibacy, a Way of Living, Loving and Serving. -- Australian Broadcasting Corporation, May 3 02
COST OF ABUSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, and, CELIBACY DISPUTED
• [Newspaper reviews of clerical child abuse.] AUSTRALIA: Catholic cardinals get lecture from Pope John Paul II, celibacy not part of original Christianity, Anglican problems, and other information:
• "Suffer the little children" pp 1-2: Catholic Father Gilbert Gauthe, Boston, in the mid-1980s was gaoled 20 years for molesting dozens of children, who were awarded $35 million; Fr Rudolph Kos, Dallas, in 1997, cost that diocese $235 m over former altar boys abused during 15 years; In January 2002 Fr John Geoghan, Boston (again) was convicted, Cardinal Bernard Law was involved in covering up; magazine asked "Can The Church Be Saved?"
In Australia R.C. Christian Brothers had been exposed, and in mid-1993 publicly apologised for sexual and physical abuse of migrant and other children in the 1940s to the 1960s. Australian R.C. leaders in 1996 had set up the Towards Healing protocol for dealing with offenders and victims (except in Melbourne Diocese, which has its own Independent Commission into Sexual Abuse since 1996). Brigidine Sister Angela Ryan is the executive officer of the National Committee for Professional Standards, which advises victims to tell the police. She said that in the past priests had been moved about, "but only because society did not know better." [!!!] Perth Archbishop Barry Hickey said that there had been no complaints of current sexual abuse since 1996. From 1998 39 complaints of past abuse had been logged. Payments: 1999 $49,000, 2000 $110,000, 2001 $335,000, 2002 $220,500 so far. Of 15 payments made, nine were for events in Christian Brothers' institutions up to 51 years ago. Norman Aisbett.
• "Anglicans' sexual abuse inquiry stalled" p 2: Anglican Brisbane Archbishop Phillip Aspinall says he's unable to start the Church inquiry into sexual abuse complaints, because none of the eminent people approached had been able to take on leading it, but he remained optimistic. He's made no headway with his call to Canberra for a royal commission to deal with such issues as mandatory reporting.
• "Celibacy put in the spotlight" p 2: It was alleged that the R.C. Church had become a magnet for homosexuals, because of celibacy. Catholic auxiliary bishop in Sydney, Geoffrey Robinson, chairman of the R.C. national professional standards committee, says it is by no means the total cause. He cited the NSW Wood royal commission on paedophilia estimates that 46 per cent of all child abuse occurred in families, 44% of offenders gained access to children through families or friends, and 5% involved people such as teachers, babysitters and clergymen. Some comments were made on sexual maturity. Sr Angela Ryan says a national conference in July will examine all aspects of priestly "formation," or development. Perth Archbishop Hickey said the entrants to the Guildford seminary tended to be in their 20s these days. Norman Aisbett.
• "In the heart of darkness" p 3: Associate Professor (University of NSW) and psychiatrist Carolyn Quadrio has interviewed hundreds of victims of sexual abuse. In a very short time she interviewed 32 male victims of the Christian Brothers, and since then had seen a couple of hundred who were abused as children in places like Bindoon and Clontarf. About 15 years ago she had started moves to reform the psychiatry profession, which itself had sexual abusers in its ranks. "The battering the church is taking at the moment knocks people's belief systems," the professor says. "If people don't have belief systems they get very distressed and confused and even depressed. ... there's still tremendous denial in the community about the extent of child abuse." Derek Pedley.
• "Celibacy a singular problem" p 4: Home is the most dangerous place to be, as far as the possibility of sexual abuse. However, is celibacy in the Catholic priesthood, given its problems and perils, worth it? Well, it was not considered so for more than half that Church's existence. The narrow culture which is associated with a celibate male priestly caste can result in cover-ups and a refusal to accept that something is wrong, and a fearful clinging to power and authority instead. The remedy could be that Rome made celibacy optional and ordain women as well as men. The celibacy requirement was probably driving heterosexual men away while drawing in men unable to accept their sexuality. The relentless commercialisation of sex and the promotion of a culture where very little is sacred any more makes a dangerously superficial society. In such a world the promotion of core values which undergird the integrity of all -- men, women and children -- is increasingly difficult.